No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Helenius vs. Chisora Rematch Possible For The Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoz View Post
    What, so he forgot HOW to box? His defence was terrible.

When is he fighting again? He should be out 4/5 times this year, if he wants to get his career back on track.
    He's supposed to be fighting Sprott in March, but nothing is official yet.

Comment

When is he fighting again? He should be out 4/5 times this year, if he wants to get his career back on track.
      Agree. Pure hype job. DelBoy is his best win by far and he didn't even beat him. He was exposed and shoulder I jury or not, Del would have won. Perhaps even KO him if he didn't have to fight both him and the referee. Also, that was the fight del came in best shape for. Better than Haye & Vitali and I think it showed. He was better than a lot of people thought after Fury, including myself. Was actually high on Chisora after that fight. Down on Helenius though - he's a hype job. Chisora takes him again any time if he comes in shape. Helenius style just suits Chisoras both boxing wise and personality wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        I hope we'll see a rematch.

A healthy Helenius would beat Chisora easily.
        Agreed.

A rematch is needed. Helenius win last time was pretty controversial. Uninjured I'm sure Chisora will be stopped.

Comment

Helenius is done.

Exposed as a hype-job. I'm surprised he doesn't try and cash in by fighting Wladimir now.
          Wins over 3 former world champions & wins over some solid journeymen don't make him a hype job. Chisora won the fight but I see a healthy helenius winning the rematch by knockout.Chisora is a solid gatekeeper & fringe contender.
          Last edited by joe strong; 01-22-2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            Wins over 3 former world champions & wins over some solid journeymen don't make him a hype job. Chisora won the fight but I see a healthy helenius winning the rematch by knockout.Chisora is a solid gatekeeper & fringe contender.
            None of these came in shape though. Only their for a payday 10 years or so after they were relevant. There's no way Helenius stops Del Boy. I'm willing to take any bet on that!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
              None of these came in shape though. Only their for a payday 10 years or so after they were relevant. There's no way Helenius stops Del Boy. I'm willing to take any bet on that!
              liakhovich was in decent shape & put up a good fight, peter wasn't totally out of shape & got knocked out by a great left hook(i believe that was the punch)& he was in the fight up until that point. brewster had seen better days but still a good win. the guy has fought better competiton then any other HW(other then oliver mccall)the last several years. look at his resume by 16 fights. he never took the easy route & has one off night after suffering an injury that kept him out for a year & so many here crap all over him like he is a hype job. if he's healthy & fit i have little doubt he will dispose of chisora. i like chisora but i believe he is B level at best but he can make a solid living being the HW gatekeeper & could pull the odd upset on any given night but unfortunately he goes into every fight outgunned.

Comment

He had a torn shoulder muscle I believe. Maybe you can fight world class opponents with that type injury. Most fighters can't. Dig?

Comment

Looks like many here didn't watch the Chisora fight closely. In round 1 or 2, he was clocked and basically ran across the ring in retreat. Maybe that's the punch that caused Helenius' shoulder to go out completely. Injuries happen in boxing. Doesn't mean the guy is shot, or a hype job. If I were a rich guy, I'd take any bet that Helenius KOs Chisora this time. You will see it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    liakhovich was in decent shape & put up a good fight, peter wasn't totally out of shape & got knocked out by a great left hook(i believe that was the punch)& he was in the fight up until that point. brewster had seen better days but still a good win. the guy has fought better competiton then any other HW(other then oliver mccall)the last several years. look at his resume by 16 fights. he never took the easy route & has one off night after suffering an injury that kept him out for a year & so many here crap all over him like he is a hype job. if he's healthy & fit i have little doubt he will dispose of chisora. i like chisora but i believe he is B level at best but he can make a solid living being the HW gatekeeper & could pull the odd upset on any given night but unfortunately he goes into every fight outgunned.
                    i agree here, Helenius shouldn't be written off yet. He was going uphill before his injury. Let him come back and prove himself.

Comment

Chisora was a beast in their first fight. I don't see him coming in with any more fire. Then again; coming off two losses he probably knows this is his last shot.

Never been sold on Helenius. I like his size and punching power but his boxing needs improvement. He looked better than Fury a while back, but Tyson has improved and pulled way ahead.

Looking forward to this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X