No announcement yet.

Finally got the truth on Wilder. From multiple sources. Wladimir,trainers etc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jel View Post
    They will soon. The issue is the weight, like his coach said. I asked about that too.

"Wilder is a super heavy, we ain't gonna go for the higher competition until Wilder is comfortably fighting at 240+. The guy is so huge, he's 6'7+, you can't be fighting at 220ish, even 230ish at 6'7+. We expect him to fill out to 245 in another 5-7 months. He's only 27, in today's years that's nothing'.
    He's tall but I don't think he's gonna fill out that much in such a short time. If he was in his early 20s I could see that but not at 27. If he puts on too much muscle mass it's gonna slow him down.

Comment

I don't think anyone doubts his upside potential. That seems to be unanimous.

The issue is his progression and how he will handle steps up in competition.

Comment

25 lbs in 6 months is crazy...

Just saw nichols video, fast but weak imo. Easy to hit too.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          He's tall but I don't think he's gonna fill out that much in such a short time. If he was in his early 20s I could see that but not at 27. If he puts on too much muscle mass it's gonna slow him down.
          I remember hearing Max Kellerman when he talked about Wilder prior to that Donarie fight.

He actually think Wilder at 6'7 will be better fighting at 235. Because he can keep his speed and footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Jel View Post
            Do you really want me to link who Wladimir was fighting during his early days?

Do you? Do you wanna see the 'ferocious pig from Balkan" ? or the former MW?
            Well Wlad started his career by the end of 1996 and became a world champion by the end of year 2000, so it took him around 4 years to do it.

Deontay started his career at the end of 2008, so he's been fighting for 4 years already and isn't even close to become a world champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
              25 lbs in 6 months is crazy...

Just saw nichols video, fast but weak imo. Easy to hit too.
              He was almost 230 for his last fight. At the camps he was 232. So it's not a 25 lb increase.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                Well Wlad started his career by the end of 1996 and became a world champion by the end of year 2000, so it took him around 4 years to do it.

Deontay started his career at the end of 2008, so he's been fighting for 4 years already and isn't even close to become a world champion.
                He needs to step up in 2013. Wlad was also carried around the ring by Purrity when he was around Wilder's age.
                Wilder needs to step it up in 2013 though.

Comment

Wladimir also celebrate Wilder's birthday with him.

Everyone sang Happy Birthday to Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                    His skills are out of this world, I could see that when he beat Dustin Nichols.

Huge win for Deontay.

Comment

This guy has to be the most protected fighter I've witnessed since I started watching Boxing. I've been hearing about this guy since like '06 yet he's still fighting part time bricklayers.

Comment

Working...
                      X