Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barrett Warns Tua: I Was Standing, You Got Dropped!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Barrett Warns Tua: I Was Standing, You Got Dropped!

Heavyweight Monte Barrett has questioned David Tua's punching power as both boxers gear up for this coming Saturday's rematch in Manukau. Tua has won 43 of his 52 fights by knockout, but the big puncher has failed to score a stoppage since he destroyed Shane Cameron back in October of 2009.

[Click Here To Read More]

It would be nice if Tua demolished Barrett. That, I would not mind paying for.

Say what you will about Tua, but if you try to downplay his chin and power you're just going to look silly.

Comment

barrett is in the best shape of his life.i said this his last fight & even bet he would go 12 with tua & i was right.barrett says he's in even better shape then the first fight.he will have no problems going 12 again & he should have a little more reliable chin again because of conditioning but it could be next to impossible to win a decision in newzealand.tua was 237 but it was a soft 237.tua is a wounded animal.he was # 2 in WBO because of his 2 regional belts & closing in on a title fight or eliminator but the barrett fight was a huge setback.this time tua could be better prepared & hungry.this is do or die.if he loses to barrett its goodnight irene....he wins he could be in that big fight that has eluded him for years...my final take on the fight is TUA BY KO6...

Comment

Putua might get knocked down.

Enjoy your 300k per fight Putua when you got offered close to 2m to fight a Klitschko and you ran

Comment

Who cares????

Comment

I love how cocky Barett is as I recall he's been dropped about 20 times in his career....only reason he didn't get ktfo last time out is because a Tua left hook never landed flush.. if it does... he's going to sleep with smelling salts as his salvation. Monte is a 50/50 fighter.. there's two of him.. one that brings it & one that doesn't... look for the Monte that doesn't this time.. he's getting put to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by mshap View Post
              Who cares????
              I do. The first fight was very good and this one should be as well.

Comment

Meaaitu Tua. 'outou leaga tagata

Comment

Barrett in his trash talking seems to forget that Tua almost had him knocked down a couple of times in the early rounds. A combination of Tua's fatigue, his shoulder injury and Barrett's size height and reach advantage is what ended being a huge problem for David. The knockdown was also a fluke lucky punch that landed after Tua tried to go on the attack. Looking forward to good fight this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X