Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Broner Unseats Malignaggi For Title - Mega Gallery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Broner Unseats Malignaggi For Title - Mega Gallery

Unbeaten Adrien Broner became a champion in his third different weight class on Saturday, beating Paulie Malignaggi by a split decision to take the WBA welterweight title. Two judges gave the all-American showdown of rival champions to Broner by scores of 117-111 and 115-113, while the third had Malignaggi a 115-113 winner.

Broner, also the reigning WBC lightweight champion and WBO super featherweight champion, improved to 27-0 after stepping up two weight divisions to fight Malignaggi in his home town of New York. Broner joined Roberto Duran, Roy Jones Jnr and Robert Guerrero as the only fighters to win a world title in their first bout after jumping up two weight classes to fight.

Malignaggi, nine years older than his opponent at age 32, fell to 32-5 and complained about the most lopsided judge's decision against him. [Click Here To Read More]

¿Who picked these pictures? ¿Broner or Tom Shreck? Cause these pics don't reflect what really happened. Cause it was a close fight & I thought Paulie should have either gotten the W or a draw.. & I could understand if someone had for Broner, but ¿117-111? C'mon! Tom Shreck(the judge that had it like that for Broner)must have been in the same class for judging as Stanley Christodoulou(the judge that hag Canelo winning 118-109 against Trout)..Maybe those pics reflect what judge Tom Shreck saw the few times he woke up & actually looked at the fighters..

Comment

Broner won this fight.
      Please, be reasonable...

(I am not one of Broner's fans... On the contrary -- but he was better)...

Comment

I thought Paulie just barely edged it out and won, but respect others P.O.V for giving it to Broner.

117-111 was a joke of a score...

Comment

Paulie barely lost but Broner might want to stay at a lower weight class.

Comment

One thing's for certain, Broner couldn't drop or KO Paulie. But he made him eat lots of sauteed, marinated, and roasted leather sandwiches.

Paulie's got no pop in his punches, but he sure showed a lot of heart, stamina, and one of these ...

Comment

Wow close fight.. Broner should stay at the lower weight classes where al haymon and GB can give him easy meat because if he moves up to 140lb he's getting beat.. Lucas/Lamont/Garcia/Khan/Devon all gona give him hell.. I ain't gona b giving no props to Broner until he fights some elite competition but knowing GB and Al haymon that probably take a long time to happen.. They gona hype this guy up as much as they can and build him up before throwing him to the lions.. Paulie gave a good fight but he's no puncher so he can't hurt broner but the guys in the higher weight divisions can and they r bigger and stronger than broner so I see him being in a lot of trouble against top opposition..

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                One thing's for certain, Broner couldn't drop or KO Paulie. But he made him eat lots of sauteed, marinated, and roasted leather sandwiches.

Paulie's got no pop in his punches, but he sure showed a lot of heart, stamina, and one of these ...

Paulie has never being a puncher since he has brittle hands but yes he does have good boxing skills and he's a good gate keeper but idk maybe broner got Paulie's attention but I don't think he seriously hurt Paulie.. Plus Paulie can take a good shot and he has got hit by much harder punchers than broner.. I ain't taking broner seriously at all until he faces some great opposition because Gavin Reese was giving him fists before broner started to fight back and now this fight .. Idk maybe I'm a little harsh on broner but I think he is being protected by haymon and GB so we'll wait and see where he goes because I think fighters in the higher divisions r gona beat him. Because to me he aint unbeaten he should have a loss to Ponce de Leon..

Comment

It was a close fight win some tough rounds to score. People that thought Broner would stop Paulie were smoking crack. Paulie was no 11-1 underdog, give me a break. Paulie's been fighting bigger guys like Senchenko and Cano who make Rees look like a midget.

Comment

Yeah Broner picked these pictures because they don't tell half the story.

Comment

Working...
                    X