Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob arum and 50cent already talking about the big fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm I know its Arums fault for not getting it done, but I wonder if its because he really hates Schaeffer that much?

Comment

Don't believe it.

How was Schaefer and Golden Boy blocking the fight in the first place? They had nothing to do with:

OSDT
      The Temporary Stadium on the Vegas Strip
      Investors From Singapore and Joe Jackson
      The 60/40 Split
      Pacquiao's cut that wasn't going to be healed by May 5th
      Arum not knowing who to contact from Floyd's camp

Floyd and Arum are the ones that laid the barriers that have prevented this fight from happening. 50 Cent being in the picture changes nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
        You and I both......Whats worst is hearing ESPN call him Fitty lol not Fifty.
        lol you're right, nothing worse than hearing those talking heads do that.

yes, we get it you robot, its super funny that Fifty sounds like fiddy. i bet they giggle when the camera goes off.

I had to leave ESPN a while ago because the never played a sport in their life anchors became too much to bear.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Don't believe it.

How was Schaefer and Golden Boy blocking the fight in the first place? They had nothing to do with:

OSDT
          The Temporary Stadium on the Vegas Strip
          Investors From Singapore and Joe Jackson
          The 60/40 Split
          Pacquiao's cut that wasn't going to be healed by May 5th
          Arum not knowing who to contact from Floyd's camp

Floyd and Arum are the ones that laid the barriers that have prevented this fight from happening. 50 Cent being in the picture changes nothing.
          what 60/40 split?

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
            lol you're right, nothing worse than hearing those talking heads do that.

yes, we get it you robot, its super funny that Fifty sounds like fiddy. i bet they giggle when the camera goes off.

I had to leave ESPN a while ago because the never played a sport in their life anchors became too much to bear.
            Yep. I use to always watch ESPN. Like always, first thing I turned to. Now in the last 6 months or so I cant even bare to watch it.

Comment

Arum never wanted the fight... At least until Pacquiao had a foot out of the door (which 2013 is reported to be). The fight didn't make business sense for Arum; his bottom line is and has been of main importance from the beginning.

Are people forgetting that Al Haymon is still Mayweather's advisor/manager?

Are people forgetting that Haymon and Mayweather dictated the terms that were negotiated, and GBP just presented them at the negotiating table?

When is the last time an Arum fighter's fought a Haymon fighter?

Mayweather leaving GBP just coincides with Arum's timetable of when HE wanted the fight. It is amazing how this situation played out almost exactly like he wanted. He successfully stalled the fight, changed public perception to think it was Mayweather that was preventing the fight, made millions in the process, and in Pacquiao's final year, he's going to make the fight while cutting out one of his main competitors; him saying "See? It was GBP holding up the fight all along" is like a cherry on top.

Comment

Eventually this fight will get made. It's a certainty. And sooner rather than later, too (because these dudes are getting long in the tooth). There's just too much money to be made from it. Stupid money.

It's just unfortunate that when it does (even if it gets done tomorrow) the outcome will solve nothing. We wanted to see them in their primes -- not when they're both on the downsides of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Video please.

FITTY OR FIDDY LOL....

Comment

Good big fight to build up promotinal company and show they can do it, while making serious money..i can see it happening. Brings in new face to big time promotions if successful. Hopefully good fights cause they building a nice stable

Comment

If 50 gets this made, this can really be a breakthrough for TMT (Teenage Mutant Turtles) promotions.

Comment

Working...
                      X