Collapse
No announcement yet.

What bothers me most about Jay-Z is....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've always thought that jay-z sucks. since I was younger I just didn't like any of his songs, and i had friends that loved his ****, but me I can honestly say I do not like any of his songs not even 1 that I can say is ok, he sucks as a rapper.

Comment

I think what gold mac is saying is...his fans shouldn't complain when he gets dissed because hes throwing subliminals. to be honest, hes right about that. And i'm wrong for getting annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by MegStarr* View Post
        do you think that he is just unable at this point to come up with proper diss tracks directed at specific artists? or can he do it, and he just choses not to?
        I think if he wanted to he could still make very good disses, i dont really think hes declined in skill that much if at all. His wordplay, flow, and lyrics are all still very sharp. The reason why people dont feel him like they used to has more to do with a change in times, and styles in my opinions. Hes not rapping over the same type of beats he was 10 years ago.

I honestly think that since ether hes been afraid to battle some rappers, while other rappers just aren't important enough to him, which is understandable with game and jimmy. But I personally think he should have responded to Camron, Buddens, and now Beans...

And again, i dont know where he gets this rep from where its certain that he can out battle most rappers. He came up battling way back in the day but on record, his battle songs dont impress me that much in terms of content...dont get me wrong, i think they're hilarious and i love listening to them but the only one that really had some good content to me was the bp2 nas diss. It just doesnt make sense to me where all these jay-z "facts" come from.

Originally posted by Jigga Claus View Post
        lol. gold mac made me break my bet. i still aint selling my friend my xbox 360 though. LOL

I don't think his fans think hes too grown/old to respond, I just think they feel like hes too big to respond. What does Jay have to prove? Hes done it all in his career, as far as things that matter go. In 20 years people will remember Jay-Z for his longevity/success and albums rather than beefs he didn't respond to. Atleast thats how I feel.
        If hes gonna continue to throw subliminals at all sorts of different rappers, then in my opinion he does have something to prove. Lets hear him go in on someone, i know hes about to be 41, but as i already mentioned the subliminals...and as far as him being to big to respond...pac, nas, 50 cent, and even all ja rule made beefs at the height of their careers...i do still consider jay to be at the height of his career, to his credit he went to the top years ago and still hasn't come down. Ja Rule might seem like a stupid example but he was just as big as anyone else before 50 brought him down.

And this thread is aimed at all jay-z fans/stans that say these things, i dont want u to think its aimed at u. Alotta the stuff i brought up, actually all of it...i see on sohh

I just dont think jay really cares. hes got half a billy, he can do what he wants. And his career(discography, accomplishments) is so thorough, it doesnt really matter to most. i dont think people outside of the internet care about jay not responding/subliminals etc. Jay's legacy is secure for the rest of time. Jay just performed at the world series...hes having fun.
        I agree that his legacy is secure...But i think he would be more respected if he made some diss songs...diss songs that diss other rappers, not basketball players (deshawn stevenson). People that dont read about rap on the internet dont really know as much about whats going on, the real hip hop heads stay on the internet like us. And again, its not so much what jay-z does that bothers me, its how his stans make excuses for him and twist things.

I think what gold mac is saying is...his fans shouldn't complain when he gets dissed because hes throwing subliminals. to be honest, hes right about that. And i'm wrong for getting annoyed.
        Yea thats part of what im saying...really, no matter what it is...his fans go to extreme measures to twist things and make excuses. And once again, i see this all over the internet...im not trying to point the finger at u.

Comment

not everything is excuses though. people are so quick to believe/side with anybody that says anything bad about jay-z. the beanie sigel thing...jay did give him a deal. jay did appear on all his albums. jay did put him on the dynasty, AG etc. jay did alot for beanie. Alot of young G's from philly would love the opportunity jay gave him. Because of his deal and his great performances over rocafella production(just blaze etc.), he got the chance to have his clothing line and be in movies. thats not twisting, thats just how I see it. but there are people who twist things and make up lies. i know what you mean...

I honestly dont think jay-z needs to do anything at this point. and i dont think when hip hop historians review his career when its over, they'll look at him not beefing(all out disses) more as a fault. Theres too much positive to focus on like 6 straight years of hit records etc.

just my point of view

Comment

I think he did pretty good against Cam'ron with this one...

"...You lil *****s ain’t deep, you dumb
            You *****s ain’t gangsta, you gum
            I chew lil *****s
            Hock-tphew spew lil *****s
            I can only view lil *****s like lil *****s
            But in lieu of lil *****s
            Tryin' to play that boy,
            I ptoo-ptoo lil *****s with the latest toy
            Unlike you lil *****, I’m a grown ass man
            Big shoes to fill, *****, grown ass pants
            Prolly hustled with ya pops, go ask ya parents
            Its apparent ya’ll staring at a legend
            Who put a few lil *****s in they place before
            Trying to eat without saying they “Grace” before
            Blasphemous bastard, get your faith restored
            Ya’ll viewin’ ya’ll version of the Lord
            God MC lil *****, applaud or
            Forever burn in the fire that I spit at ya’ll
            I rebuke you, little *****!
            The meek shall inherit, I ROOF you little *****
            I’m a project terrorist
            CUTE you little *****s think you in my class
            Substitute lil *****s who feel my wrath
            I mute you little *****
            You a lil *****- I child abuse you lil *****
            I’m a ill *****
            Now shoo! You lil *****s go somewhere and play
            Cause the day I lose to you lil *****s? No day! "-Jay-Z

Comment

anyone notice that most of Jay-Z's nicknames "monster of the double entendre", "greatest rapper alive", etc., were nicknames that he gave himself?

Comment

as for that camron diss, he didnt even say camron once in that and it was a verse...it was very clear who cam was talkin about in u gotta love it, and he went in more. Thats just my opinion, i regret making this thread because it has further....ehh its time for me to kill myself

:suicide

:RIP

Originally posted by GodzHand View Post
                anyone notice that most of Jay-Z's nicknames "monster of the double entendre", "greatest rapper alive", etc., were nicknames that he gave himself?
                i dont have any problem with that, again its his stans that bother me more then anything else. And they're all over the internet, theres too many of them

Comment

its all good. at this point in my life, i just like talking about rap music. and having healthy discussions about artists albums/songs.

Thank you for your time on this topic though.

Comment

i'm embaressed for the way i've acted in this thread and in my others.

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
                      its all good. at this point in my life, i just like talking about rap music. and having healthy discussions about artists albums/songs.

Thank you for your time on this topic though.
                      sorry homie, i know it would be best for me to ignore stans and haters but I get caught up in it sometimes in it, i think most fans do at times. Thats just part of being a passionate hip hop fan.

Today, im seeing Jay-Z get alotta hate and thats not right either. What most people do seems to be outta love or hatred, which to me is ignorance either way. I deserve some credit for this thread, i think i was fair with my opinions. But im sorry for starting this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X