Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody had a more entertaining career than Miguel Cotto in the last 10years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Cotto was, is, and always will be a highly respected boxer amongst fight fans. Regardless of what NSB's ******s, racists, and trolls have to say about the matter. You're talking about a guy who, for the past 12 and a half years, has never been in a boring fight and always fought whoever the fans wanted him to fight.

Cotto's career should be an example to any up-and-comer in the modern era who favors substance over style. Give the fans what they want and they'll always respect you for it.
    End thread.

Comment

Cotto is a true peoples champ. Always gives his all and never ducked anyone. One of the most respected fighters of our generation. I do think he's a bit small for 154 though. He should have stayed at 147.

Comment

Plenty of recent fighters have had more exciting careers than Cotto

Comment

Manny Pacquiao is probably the only one who could eclipse it imo. When Cotto first emerged everybody was scared to death of him. He was a true warrior!

Carl Froch is a pretty good shout as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Manny Pacquiao is probably the only one who could eclipse it imo. When Cotto first emerged everybody was scared to death of him. He was a true warrior!

Carl Froch is a pretty good shout as well.
            Froch, Pacquiao, Cotto, Marquez : The fab four of this generation as far as giving the fans what they want to see goes.

Comment

His fight against Floyd was the first I've seen of his, and the last. He was the most boring fighter I've ever seen.

Comment

Yeah Cotto is a true champ what stands about him is his calmness in the ring the dude is a certified Bad A55!

Comment

Froch, Pacquiao, Cotto, Marquez : The fab four of this generation as far as giving the fans what they want to see goes.
                  Pacquiao giving the fans what they wana see? I couldnt disagree more. Fighting Clottey, margarita, and Shane were fights I in no way wanted to see. I didnt even want to see him fight JMM for the 4th time because JMM had beatin him all three times already. He also declined 40 million to fight Floyd. Hes now fighting Rios when the fans want him to fight Alvarado.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                    Pacquiao giving the fans what they wana see? I couldnt disagree more. Fighting Clottey, margarita, and Shane were fights I in no way wanted to see. I didnt even want to see him fight JMM for the 4th time because JMM had beatin him all three times already. He also declined 40 million to fight Floyd. Hes now fighting Rios when the fans want him to fight Alvarado.
                    I absolutely agree on the Mosley and Margarito fights. They were ass. The rest of his fights have been great, though.

I see you're still blaming the entire Pacquiao/Mayweather collapse on Manny, though. Pity. If you were an objective observer, you'd have realized that neither fighter wanted that fight. Neither did their promoters. It's a 50/50 thing. Only blinded 'tards think otherwise.

Comment

I absolutely agree on the Mosley and Margarito fights. They were ass. The rest of his fights have been great, though.

I see you're still blaming the entire Pacquiao/Mayweather collapse on Manny, though. Pity. If you were an objective observer, you'd have realized that neither fighter wanted that fight. Neither did their promoters. It's a 50/50 thing. Only blinded 'tards think otherwise.
                      The Clottey fight wasnt great. Take the 40 mill and give the fans what they want. He will never see 40 mill for a fight, ever. What about the choice of Rios over Alvarado?

Comment

Working...
                      X