No announcement yet.

Measured Against All Time: Dariusz Michalczewski

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measured Against All Time: Dariusz Michalczewski

By Cliff Rold - He didn’t fight Roy Jones Jr.

Over four years have passed since the last time he stepped in the ring and for many of those on this side of the Atlantic who still debate the standing of the Polish Tiger, Dariusz Michalczewski, they are the words which can’t be avoided. If they one day adorned his tombstone, it would be less than surprising. It was the defining fight which never found definition.

And yet, in fifty fights, there were other things for Michalczewski to hang his hat on. In this retrospective look back at one of the more interesting careers of recent note, and with Hall of Fame eligibility growing closer, the question is asked:

How good was Dariusz Michalczewski, measured against all-time? [details]

He was and is the most underrated fighter of the past 25 years.

Comment

I'll just post this before all the Jones haters post here first. Darius was called out by Jones and never responded.

Darius even attended one of Jones' fights against Woods. And after he watched Jones dismantle Woods, he flew back home and never talked about Jones ever again.

And if anyone wants proof of Jones calling out Darius, I will be happy to oblige.

Comment

The Tiger is one of my ALL-TIME favs........I just wish he had gotten a shot at Roy..........and yes Tunney........he IS the most underrated fighter in the last quarter century!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
          I'll just post this before all the Jones haters post here first. Darius was called out by Jones and never responded.

Darius even attended one of Jones' fights against Woods. And after he watched Jones dismantle Woods, he flew back home and never talked about Jones ever again.

And if anyone wants proof of Jones calling out Darius, I will be happy to oblige.
          DM said he specifically wanted Roy numerous times on German TV. You're wrong on that front.

Also, if you're going to just repeat stories Roy told, get it right. It was the Hill fight; not Woods.

Furthermore, call outs mean nothing. This is a profession...not the schoolyard.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
            He was and is the most underrated fighter of the past 25 years.
            yea i can see you are easily fooled by a large number of wbo defenses against tomato cans. darius even got ko'd in one of those defenses lol but they still count it.

Comment

Michalczewski was a good fighter at his best, a lot of people don't give him the credit he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                By Cliff Rold - He didn’t fight Roy Jones Jr.

Over four years have passed since the last time he stepped in the ring and for many of those on this side of the Atlantic who still debate the standing of the Polish Tiger, Dariusz Michalczewski, they are the words which can’t be avoided. If they one day adorned his tombstone, it would be less than surprising. It was the defining fight which never found definition.

And yet, in fifty fights, there were other things for Michalczewski to hang his hat on. In this retrospective look back at one of the more interesting careers of recent note, and with Hall of Fame eligibility growing closer, the question is asked:

How good was Dariusz Michalczewski, measured against all-time? [details]
                I like how Michalczewski is underated by this article.
                Jones avieved more at 175???Ask yourself the question...

Yeah,Jones fought Tarver 3 times,get a gift and lost two times.

Both has beaten the same guys at 175(Hall,Hill,Griffin).
                It remains to be seen that Michalczewski isn't an all time great and that Jones woulda beat him even if Roy knocked out these dudes quickly.Dariuz was a smart fighter.

Of course I'm european,SO I'm not an ignorant of Michalczewski's career,some dudes'll judge him out there but never watched his fights.
                In Europe,we see US events and european events,we can judge it fair.

Michalczewski is def an all time great in europe,maybe not in USA,it's all about hype as usual.
                I don't care if he didn't fought Tarver,Nunn or Toney.TARVER IS A FRAUD,and Dariuz has beaten underhyped dudes,including one who taunted Toney by the way,an other who trashed Nunn.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  I like how Michalczewski is underated by this article.
                  Jones avieved more at 175???Ask yourself the question...

Yeah,Jones fought Tarver 3 times,get a gift and lost two times.

Both has beaten the same guys at 175(Hall,Hill,Griffin).
                  It remains to be seen that Michalczewski isn't an all time great and that Jones woulda beat him even if Roy knocked out these dudes quickly.Dariuz was a smart fighter.

Of course I'm european,SO I'm not an ignorant of Michalczewski's career,some dudes'll judge him out there but never watched his fights.
                  In Europe,we see US events and european events,we can judge it fair.

Michalczewski is def an all time great in europe,maybe not in USA,it's all about hype as usual.
                  I don't care if he didn't fought Tarver,Nunn or Toney.TARVER IS A FRAUD,and Dariuz has beaten underhyped dudes,including one who taunted Toney by the way,an other who trashed Nunn.
                  It was not stated that Jones acheived more at 175; it stated his overall career was more impressive.

Comment

When you are an US fighter,you have beat everybody in USA to be ATG.
                    When you are an european fighter,you have to beat everyboy in Europe and in USA tough most of last SMW and LHW champs were in Europe.I LAUGH.

DM isn't an all time great and a great LHW with all these defenses??But Hopkins is a great middleweight??
                    Why??Becuz B Hop lost his titles to Jones and Taylor??Because he fought blown up welterweight legends and bums like Joppy??
                    Or because overated Pavlik is great at 170??Gimmy a break.It's all about HBO.Don't get me wrong,Hopkins is a great middleweight,but Dariuz is a great LHW too.

Comment

Working...
                    X