No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew Says 'No Pressure' - Vows To 'Smash' Chilemba

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew Says 'No Pressure' - Vows To 'Smash' Chilemba

Tony Bellew will take refuge from the stresses and strains of family life by "smashing" Isaac Chilemba in Liverpool on Saturday.

The WBC light-heavyweight title contender faces respected Malawian Chilemba at the Echo Arena in a final eliminator in his home city.

Chilemba tried to pile the pressure on Bellew when the two men came face to face today, claiming his British opponent may struggle under the weight of expectation in front of thousands of supporters.

Bellew laughed off such talk, though, insisting he faces more pressure at home with his young family than he will in the ring.

"This isn't pressure, it's a pleasure," the 30-year-old said.

"Where's the pressure in fighting in front of thousands of Scousers? I've dreamed of nights like this for years since I was a kid and first got into boxing.

"Pressure for me is dealing with life on a day-to-day basis, raising three kids, schools, a new baby, people getting sick, bills. That is pressure.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Even on the streets of Croxteth they're saying this kid aint cut out for the big time... I was in Bootle the other day and they think Chilemba will beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
      Even on the streets of Croxteth they're saying this kid aint cut out for the big time... I was in Bootle the other day and they think Chilemba will beat him.

Tony's a great guy, i've seen his fan-friendliness up close. #topbloke

this is a tough fight for him, though.

Comment

Interesting quote:

"The most peaceful moments in my life are when I'm fighting in a ring."

That is almost sad. Guy must have had a rough upbringing.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
          Interesting quote:

"The most peaceful moments in my life are when I'm fighting in a ring."

That is almost sad. Guy must have had a rough upbringing.
          Nahhh the guy is just obsessed with giving cliché sound bytes.. If he's not "doing this to feed my kids" he's "willing to die in the ring" and now fighting in the ring is apparently where he's most at peace.. LOL never heard them ones before! Zzzzzzz

Comment

Skysports seem to be pushing bellew a lot, good thing he too left frank warren when he did, He lost to cleverly but he has come on a lot and might even be more well-known than cleverly who is still under frank warren.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
              Nahhh the guy is just obsessed with giving cliché sound bytes.. If he's not "doing this to feed my kids" he's "willing to die in the ring" and now fighting in the ring is apparently where he's most at peace.. LOL never heard them ones before! Zzzzzzz
              Correct. He's also not 'going to war' with anyone, he chinny. He said the same thing before and he just boxes behind the jab, and there's nothing wrong with that. I know he's got to promote the fight but he makes himself look a clown with these statements.

Comment

Working...
              X