No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andres Gutierrez Lands a Spot on Mayweather's Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andres Gutierrez Lands a Spot on Mayweather's Card

According to undefeated featherweight contender Andres Gutierrez (25-0, 21KOs), WBC 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez has promised him an undercard position on the big event taking place on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Gutierrez is promoted by Alvarez's company, Canelo Promotions. He appeared last September on the undercard of Canelo's defense against Josesito Lopez, also at MGM in Las Vegas. Both Canelo and Floyd Mayweather Jr. will defend their titles in separate fights on the card.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not that we all don't already know it's Floyd vs Guerrero, but this confirms that it's most definitely not Floyd vs Canelo.

Also interesting how 3 different promoters will work on this event, Golden Boy, Mayweather, and Canelo Promotions.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
      Not that we all don't already know it's Floyd vs Guerrero, but this confirms that it's most definitely not Floyd vs Canelo.

Also interesting how 3 different promoters will work on this event, Golden Boy, Mayweather, and Canelo Promotions.
      All practically the same thing

Comment

I've seen Andres 5x & is always i condition has a tremedous punch, average defense...he's 19 or 20, a big future 4 this kid...

Comment

Put this Andres guy against Kieth Thurman to see who is real. I'm sure they will pick a TBA....who turns out to be some guy with a 16-7 record. They need to force better fights like this guy and Thurman and Jonathan Gonzalez in a round robin to produce a contender. That will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Put this Andres guy against Kieth Thurman to see who is real. I'm sure they will pick a TBA....who turns out to be some guy with a 16-7 record. They need to force better fights like this guy and Thurman and Jonathan Gonzalez in a round robin to produce a contender. That will never happen.
            never seen him fight,just heard of him,but I think he's in the lower weights 130 or below

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              what ever u are saying makes no sense, Gutierrez is a featherwt, he weighed 125 1/2 last Saturday night, so you want him 2 jump 5 weights?

Comment

Andres "El Jaguarcito Gutierrez" is a young fighter from the state of Queretaro!! Good fighter but needs to work on his defense..

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                  All practically the same thing
                  Well that's true, they all work under Golden Boy. Floyd's entire event is a Golden Boy event.

Comment

Working...
                  X