No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fighting Words: Premise, Promise of Pacquiao-Marquez 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fighting Words: Premise, Promise of Pacquiao-Marquez 4

by David P. Greisman - It will be one of the biggest events of 2012. It will dominate conversation as the year reaches its end. It will be seen by a majority of the citizens in the Philippines, by many of the residents of Mexico, and by a bare minimum of several hundreds of thousands in the United States. It will make millions at the box office and tens of millions in pay-per-view revenue.

The event that is Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez 4 will be made to seem special, but it won’t be as special as their first three. It can’t be.

It’s a surprising conclusion to reach regarding Manny Pacquiao when you realize that despite his ascent from sporting stardom into a sensational cult of pugilistic personality, there’s still only a handful of opponents for him that can truly raise the hairs on the back of your neck.

The long-discussed, long-debated and long-delayed collision with Floyd Mayweather is foremost on that list. With that still not happening, the only opponents mentioned for Pacquiao for the end of this year were repeats that felt like retreads: a second fight with Miguel Cotto, whom Pacquiao stopped nearly three years ago; a fourth fight with Marquez, whom Pacquiao controversially defeated by decision about a year ago; and a second fight with Timothy Bradley, who in June became the first person to beat Pacquiao in more than seven years, although an overwhelming number of observers believed Pacquiao deserved the victory. [Click Here To Read More]

this fight will definitely be an exciting one. expect fireworks from the opening bell. marquez thinks his speed will be the deciding factor, but without enough power, how does he expect to break pacquiao's iron chin.

Comment

IMHO Pac never been on or never left roids.. Pac still has his sick power and we've seen JMM3, Mosley, Bradley went on survival mode once they've tasted the boom. But the thing that lacked Pac is his killer instinct and stamina to throw 1000 bombs in a bout.

Comment

Gonna be a great fight. I anticipate Pac to knockdown Marquez at least twice this fight and, depending on just exactly what changes Marquez and Pacquiao bring to try to win convincingly will dictate who gets knocked out. However, my money is always on the Pacman because I feel Marquez will trade in alot of his counter-punching for more aggression hoping it will give him the edge on the cards *hence, he will get knocked down and possibly knocked-out*. If Pac pulls a JCC and doesn't train then he loses for sure.

Comment

Question is, Has giving Up BOOZING, Chasing TRIM,
          and getting Religion, Got Pac out of his ZONE???

Comment

Originally posted by shishaw View Post
            IMHO Pac never been on or never left roids.. Pac still has his sick power and we've seen JMM3, Mosley, Bradley went on survival mode once they've tasted the boom. But the thing that lacked Pac is his killer instinct and stamina to throw 1000 bombs in a bout.
            Right, and I think the 2 main reasons of his sudden decline of his career were his active involvements to politics and religion. The people he knows from these areas were his avid fans, and by their obsessions to be part of his stardom, they consequently pulled him down and will ultimately put his career into a halt. The dirty politics and questionable religion in his nation will not be a surprise to us if in they will play the main role of ending Pac career shortly, because right now is gearing towards that direction.
            Last edited by SceneSpectator!; 09-24-2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Pac no longer feels "different" but i see some saying he lost the killer insticnt and stamina now down and to me they are related so take that how you may. As for this actual fight i say why not, JMM won the 3rd fight according to a MAJORITY of fans, myself included, and Pac is off the junk so lets go. It wont be one of the biggest events of the year cause even Pacs casual fans arent interested but itll be cool to see JMM finally claim his rightful crown

Comment

Cotto didn't refuse to fight Manny again. He just won't fight him at 147

Comment

Originally posted by beatnutts View Post
                  Cotto didn't refuse to fight Manny again. He just won't fight him at 147
                  I believe they didn't agree on the financial terms, either.

Comment

Wha happeNs if Marquez wins? 5th fight? Props to both for taking on their toughest opponent.

Comment

Working...
                    X