No announcement yet.

Armistice Day: 90 years on...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armistice Day: 90 years on...

90 years lads, just watched the moving ceremony in London.

WW1 was a shocker, only to be followed by a harrowing re-match 21 years later. No trilogy, thank God.

So many of us know someone who lost someone to the wars. Those of us with roots in the nations that made up the Empire can recount personal stories of loss on a scale as large as any.

Those men who died, on both sides, deserve the utmost respect and remembrance. Lest we ever forget.

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
    WW1 was a shocker, only to be followed by a harrowing re-match 21 years later. No trilogy, thank God.
    Give it time

Comment

I think Germany's learnt its lesson.

Comment

90 years lads, just watched the moving ceremony in London.

So many of us know someone who lost someone to the wars. Those of us with roots in the nations that made up the Empire can recount personal stories of loss on a scale as large as any.

Those men who died, on both sides, deserve the utmost respect and remembrance. Lest we ever forget.
        I watched it this morning, very moving, the 3 remaining vetrans placing the wreaths at the cenotaph, no war since has go close to the sheer horror of WW1, over 50,000 British dead in the 1st days fighting in the battle of the Somme.

Comment

Most of the teenage men who fought and died in the trenches were French.

Comment

I think Germany's learnt its lesson.
            The armistice agreement in 1918 was possibly the worst ever in european history.

Comment

^^
              Yes I know. I was refering to there being no 3rd fight.

Comment

because the war was fought in France you arsehole,

Comment

Working...
                X