Juan Manuel Márquez
    Ricky Hatton [ridiculously at 147]
    Oscar De La Hoya

- Last 6 fights. Avoiding competition. Good logic
    Get back on topic, now.

Comment

I predict Kessler by devastating left hook KO in the 7th

Comment

Froch has gotten better and better since the first fight, against A-level opponents. The combination of his boxing IQ and his physical conditioning is probably the best it's been at any point in his career.

I believe it when he says he feels like he's in his physical prime.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Froch has gotten better and better since the first fight, against A-level opponents. The combination of his boxing IQ and his physical conditioning is probably the best it's been at any point in his career.

I believe it when he says he feels like he's in his physical prime.
          Hmm, don't agree with all of it. When he lost against Ward a lot of people on here, including broadcasters said how bad he looked, how slow he was etc. Now, saying he beat A level opponents since Kessler is debatable. Johnson had something like 14 losses when they met. Abraham came off a loss (he was schooled by dirrell) and has not really fought top class opponents. Bute was arguable A level - but I think it's fair to say that a true A level opponent the level of Froch, Kessler, Ward, Calzaghe etc would not have gone into the fight like Bute and certainly wouldn't have lost the way he did. Mack was C+ at best. However, using the eye test he looks tremendous and his physical shape is awesome.

Comment

I thought Froch gave Ward a tougher go of it than Kessler did.

And we can argue about whether or not the guys he has fought are technically A-level....but surely you must agree that they were more elite and more of a test than Kessler's opponents during that same time span?

Comment

Despite his brilliance, Andre Ward just doesn't generate the same sort of excitement that these two do. This is a mega fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                I thought Froch gave Ward a tougher go of it than Kessler did.

And we can argue about whether or not the guys he has fought are technically A-level....but surely you must agree that they were more elite and more of a test than Kessler's opponents during that same time span?
                I think Ward scored landslide victories against the both of them to be honest. I think his victory over Kessler was clouded by the headbutts and his victory over Froch just showed he was better - on the night at least.

Absolutely. Froch has fought better opponents in the same time span, but they weren't great. Neither was Kessler's. So I see it as a 50/50 fight all the way. Slightly in favour of froch because of the venue, but Kessler is a better boxer IMO and if he shows up and boxes, he can win.

Comment

I don't know why I But I don't really enjoy this fight to many miss/ sloppy punches idk. Could be I had to watch it on computer after work. Hope for a good fight though

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                    I think Ward scored landslide victories against the both of them to be honest. I think his victory over Kessler was clouded by the headbutts and his victory over Froch just showed he was better - on the night at least.

Absolutely. Froch has fought better opponents in the same time span, but they weren't great. Neither was Kessler's. So I see it as a 50/50 fight all the way. Slightly in favour of froch because of the venue, but Kessler is a better boxer IMO and if he shows up and boxes, he can win.
                    Agreed.

Remember though, that Ward beat Froch handily despite a broken hand which really leaves no room for optimism for Froch fans for a reversal of fortunes in a return fight. And the scoring in that fight was closer than they should have been.

Comment

Yeah Ward did break his hand in the Froch fight, but I'm wondering what Froch's "issues" were for his losses to Ward and Kessler

or is he just making excuses to try to make the loss not as devastating.

Comment

Working...
                      X