No announcement yet.

Boxing on CBS gets 1.8 million viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing on CBS gets 1.8 million viewers

That's up from the early estimates of 1.4 million. Remember previously the rating was said to be okay for the timeslot coming second behind the basketball game. Now this would upgrade would probably make it the most watched sporting event in that time slot.

Basically a boxing match that was nothing more than a prelim for a showtime event with zero promotion showcasing a bantamweight managed to get higher ratings than every other sport in that timeslot.

I read the Butler game was the highest rated in that spot all year. Boxing either beat it now or got second.

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn
    Final viewership figures are in for last week's return of #boxing to CBS. Santa Cruz's bout averaged 1.794M viewers. That's pretty damn go
    od

Imagine if the main event was shown on CBS, ratings would have been massive

Comment

I pay attention to boxing and literally had no clue this event even happened lol. Whoopsies.

Comment

I overslept and missed it... glad it did good numbers. Even though I heard Santa Cruz had a tough time

with some promotion and a real star like Canelo or Gatekeeper Cotto they would break records

Comment

Too bad they only show crap fights, imagine a fight with the drama of a JMM-Pac fight being shown in regular networks for the average Joe to see? Boxing would be back on the mainstream!

Comment

great news. im glad. hope it continues

Comment

Boxing is dead.

Comment

The is very respectable Ratings especially without much Promotion for that Event or any Commercials

Comment

90% of those were from the College hoops game(check the earlier article) that was being played so people tuned it, if there was just filler material or reruns before the boxing that number would be under 1m.

and before calling the number good, you need to look at the avg CBS viewership for that day and timeslot.

I still dont think 1.8m is good, for HBO its great but not for a over the air channel during mid saturday in mid winter so not many ppl outside.

The 5-7 timeslot has the second most viewers after the primetime slot
                  Last edited by Medved; 12-21-2012, 07:56 PM.

Comment

I think Adamek-Cunningham II is on NBC in the daytime on Saturday. Their first fight was really good, the crowd was great. It had that old school east coast fight feel it reminded me of the fights that used to be on network TV, hopefully the rematch is the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X