Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will Mayweather's Weight Conspiracy against Marquez affect his legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will Mayweather's Weight Conspiracy against Marquez affect his legacy?

We all know that Mayweather's deliberate act of not making weight against the lightweight Marquez - followed by the "Cover Up" of refusing to be weighed on the day of the fight - has resulted in Mayweather's victory over the totally outweighed yet over blown up Marquez to be considered a hollow victory at best.

But in light of his legendary and historic wins against Hatton and Mosley, does Floyd's Weight Conspiracy against really have that much of a damaging effect on his overall boxing legacy? Or will he be forgiven by the public for having done it?

Damn u trying hard!

Comment

only the great Manny pacquiao plays with his opponents weights if anything Manny Pacquiao legitimizes Floyd's win over Marquez when before no one thought of Mayweather vs Marquez anything other then a joke tune up fight

Comment

Conspiracy its something that has no proof and is pure speculation..mayweather against marquez weight is a proven fact,so you can take those quotation marks out COVER UP and mark it as factual .What is hurting mayweather legacy is himself...period.

Comment

It wont hurt his legacy at all , not in the least , real boxing people that follow the sport look deeper than face value of things ,, with the Floyd vs JMM fight it was done for 2 reasons , the first was to blow of the rust from a 2yr lay off , the second reason was about marketing and business for a future fight .

seeing that JMM had taken Pac to the wire twice , Floyd by totally outclassing JMM is giving Pac a backhander at the same time , it was marketing and publicity for a future Pac fight .

As far as the weight goes JMM could not beat Floyd at any weight from 130 up , and weight with Floyd is not a big advantage for a slick mover like it is for a strong puncher , look at the fight , Floyd schooled JMM like he had no weight advantage just pure technical boxing because Floyd is not a physical fighter , he will box the same fight if he were fighting a FW or a HW ,,,,

I think the lay off added a little bulk to Floyd he didnt realize he had until trying to make the weight , it can sneak up on you as you get older , fighters dont practice making weight they get one shot at it and I think Floyd got caught by that , , I read where he said he was 146 first thing on the day of weigh-in and that the last couple of pounds wouldnt come off , I think he was genuine in that , I also think he could have made it if he really badly had of wanted to , but said fuk it just pay the forfeit .

With Pac and this weight , now you have a power puncher that is getting a boost to his strength and power , while at the same time taking speed away from JMM , now instead of like the last 2 fair fights with these two , JMM doesnt have the speed to counter like before , so it effectively kills his A game , while Mannys A game is enhanced ..

Pac will be way to strong and Physical at 144 , at 140 and below JMM will be very competitive , he will get steamrolled at this weight .

Weight in boxing is an artform that can win and lose fights , its not a set scale of rules engraved in stone because its dynamic , basically up in weight is strength , down in weight is speed , everybody has their own sweet spot within the book ends , where in the scale depends on style , a puncher needs to be strong a boxer needs to be fast , if you can force an opponent to be what he is not you can effectively take away his A game , you can reduce what he brings anywhere from B+ to D- just with weight , these guys are F1 Athletes to think weight doesnt matter is ignorance to the art of boxing .

I think Freddie Roach has a great understanding of weight , he is playing the weight game perfectly with Pac , he knows with the elite fighters there is really not a great deal between them , its only milliseconds and if he can take an opponent over that opponents personal edge even by just a smidge all the while Freddie is right where he wants to be , its a great tactical advantage before the fight even starts and a good physical one in the ring .

Comment

Short answer: It won't.

Long answer: It won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              only the great Manny pacquiao plays with his opponents weights if anything Manny Pacquiao legitimizes Floyd's win over Marquez when before no one thought of Mayweather vs Marquez anything other then a joke tune up fight

at least pac is gonna make the 144 catchweight, unlike wifebeat... I mean gayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

at least pac is gonna make the 144 catchweight, unlike wifebeat... I mean gayweather
                just take the blood test manny

Comment

It won't.

And, there is no conspiracy

So stupid.

Comment

Working...
                  X