Comments Thread For: Lara: I Would Retire Angulo, I Can Beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    I would love to see that.
    I would too. Lara is gonna run when he realizes that standing too close to Floyd is going to give Floyd abyss countering opportunities. And Canelo is much bigger and stronger than Lara. Lara is basically gonna run all night!

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
      I dont care. Canelo is a much better fighter than Perro. I think Canelo would crash that little dude.
      Alvarez would get beat up by Lara..Esp in a fair fight(which let's be honest)which Alvarez fight against Trout was not..Oh and neither was Angulo's fight against Lara..Both of those fights had fishy business going on..

Comment

• Originally posted by drenlou View Post
        Floyd was averaging 1.2 to 1.5 in his last 4 fights...showtime when they signed floyd to a 6 fight contract had the impression that floyd is (was) a huge draw which he is but they expected to much from floyd at first,so when the guerrero fight did less then expected numbers 870,000 ppv buys which is a very succesful ppv,it didnt meet showtime expectations,this is why mayweather and canelo fought..yhough garcia vs mathysse had alot to do with those numbers too..ppv buys exceeded 2.2 million as of now,and they r still tallying up...
        Floyd and Canelo had been planning to fight for the past several years. He was just getting very big in the past two years and they tried to have Floyd fight him instead of Cotto. We wrote letters to GB telling them Canelo didnt deserve the fight because he hadnt fought anyone, so they tried to rush him into a fight with Pwill, Kirkland, etc. He was gonna fight Cotto, then Trout beat him so Canelo fought Trout and thats around the time it came together!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Alvarez would get beat up by Lara..Esp in a fair fight(which let's be honest)which Alvarez fight against Trout was not..Oh and neither was Angulo's fight against Lara..Both of those fights had fishy business going on..
          Styles make fights and Lara is a good boxer. But still, he cant handle pressure. And Canelo just learned how to apply pressure in the last few rounds with Floyd. I bet Canelo's pressure will be allot more serious than a slow, flatfooted bum like Perro! I bet Canelo has more power too!

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
            Floyd told Canelo he would fight him next if he beat Guerrero and if Canelo beat Trout.Canelo told Floyd to sign a contract promising him he`ll fight him next.Floyd said he`s not signing no contract and that he focuses on one fight at a time?And Floyd kept his promise of fighting Canelo after Floyd himself beat Guerrero.So regardless if Floyd/Guerrero did well or not,Floyd would have still fought Canelo.
            It wouldnt have been next...it would of been a few fights down the line,canelo was looking to fight cotto in his first ppv,but showtime execs put pressure on gbp to make the may/canelo fight since the rumors were that showtime lost 12 mill on the guerrero ppv..showtime knew that that fight would exceed expectation which it did,and though i think canelo did very well in the fight,who knows how different the fight would have been if canelo had opted to fight a few more fights before fighting the best.FLOYD!

Comment

Styles make fights and Lara is a good boxer. But still, he cant handle pressure. And Canelo just learned how to apply pressure in the last few rounds with Floyd. I bet Canelo's pressure will be allot more serious than a slow, flatfooted bum like Perro! I bet Canelo has more power too!
              Alvarez didn't learn to do a damn thing in the last few rounds against Mayweather, and he'd walk into much harder shots than Floyd throws against Lara if he tried to fight the way he did the last few rounds last week.

Comment

Canelo is a very skilled fighter.he did very well against floyd imo,lets say for arguments sake,canelo chose to fight cotto,lara,kirkland and win those fights that he would have most likely been the one 2 give floyd a 1 on that record,though. Now that i think about it................. NAH NOBODY IS GONNA BEAT FLOYD,HE IS TRULY THE BEST OF THIS ERA!!

Comment

• Move on!!! Rematch down the road somewhere for now keep learning and getting NEW experiences! Trout is the match up he needs! Ray

Comment

You bugging out,Alvarez did not learn anything late against Floyd..Except how not to dare to be great..He knew if he tried,he'd most likely be stopped,Lara can handle Alvarez and I would not even expect Alvarez to bring all out pressure..That's not really what(or who)Alvarez really is..

As far as Angulo goes tho,there is no lock that Alvarez beats Angulo..I'd pick him too..That does not mean it's a lock,cause unlike Alvarez,Angulo will be bringing all out pressure..With power behind it,and the jury is still out on how Alvarez will handle something like that..

People forget(with all the hype for the Mayweather fight),Alvarez Is Really an unproven fighter..Who's best win came against a guy he had how many advantages against??

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      You bugging out,Alvarez did not learn anything late against Floyd..Except how not to dare to be great..He knew if he tried,he'd most likely be stopped,Lara can handle Alvarez and I would not even expect Alvarez to bring all out pressure..That's not really what(or who)Alvarez really is..

As far as Angulo goes tho,there is no lock that Alvarez beats Angulo..I'd pick him too..That does not mean it's a lock,cause unlike Alvarez,Angulo will be bringing all out pressure..With power behind it,and the jury is still out on how Alvarez will handle something like that..

People forget(with all the hype for the Mayweather fight),Alvarez Is Really an unproven fighter..Who's best win came against a guy he had how many advantages against??
                      Floyd would have never stopped canelo,alot of those shots looked weak but were flush,if canelo decided to put aggresion to floyd it still wouldnt of mattered he would of still pot shotted to a win,but definatly i highly,highly doubt he would have stopped canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X