Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto: What was not tested this saturday...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    Which makes Clottey/Cotto even more interesting.
    definitely... mosley/clottey will try to exploit that and it makes those fights so much more exciting

Comment

i thought this was a steroid thread btw.

Comment

This is what I was saying about Williams the second time around with Quintana. Williams fans were declairing the return of the Messiah even though Williams didn't get the opportunity to show that he learned how to handle an effective boxer. he wouldn't be able to do that to Sergio Martinez or any other slickster.
        williams handled an effective boxer so easily he KTFO quitnana in the 1st round... if that's not handling I dunno what is.

Comment

I think the reason Cotto was prone to an upper cut from Margo was because Margo went to the body early. All the uppers he landed were in the later part of the fight if I remember correctly.
          good analysis, although didnt margo catch cotto with an uppercut in the 2nd?

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            ... was that jennings did not throw one upper-cut. the uppercut is what marg used to ruin cotto. not to say that it would have changed the outcome of the fight, but we did not see if cotto has closed up that gap in his defense. that is all.
            Nah, Jennings threw quite a few uppercuts when Cotto got a little close (watch the 2nd and 3rd rounds).

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              williams handled an effective boxer so easily he KTFO quitnana in the 1st round... if that's not handling I dunno what is.
              agreed and it was Quintana's fault for not preparing for such an assault. i seriously think he wasnt expecting Paul to come out with 50 cals blasting. or at least that it wasn't in him.

Comment

This is what I was saying about Williams the second time around with Quintana. Williams fans were declairing the return of the Messiah even though Williams didn't get the opportunity to show that he learned how to handle an effective boxer. he wouldn't be able to do that to Sergio Martinez or any other slickster.

Very good points, Good analysis and observations...

Comment

i remember jennings threw an uppercut, then cotto countered it with a left hook.

i forgot which round, ill have to go back and check.

i just found it:

1:04 remaining in round 5.

however, it looked like cotto was in the middle of throwing a combination while jennings missed the uppercut.
                  Last edited by boxingsmash69; 02-23-2009, 03:04 PM.

Comment

??

The plaster was what margarito used to beat Cotto. Not the uppercut. Don't get it twisted.

Comment

Originally posted by PavlikRules View Post
                      ??

The plaster was what margarito used to beat Cotto. Not the uppercut. Don't get it twisted.
                      are you that dude that makes them videos impersonating scarface and paulie? usually about Cotto

Comment

Working...
                      X