Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves: How Many Times Do I Have To Beat DeGale?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves: How Many Times Do I Have To Beat DeGale?

Frank Warren has called on the BBBofC to grant James DeGale an immediate rematch against George Groves. DeGale lost his British super-middleweight title to Commonwealth champion Groves on Saturday night. But the fight ended controversially with Groves winning a contentious majority decision. The two judges who gave Groves the fight did so by a single round.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Frank Warren has called on the BBBofC to grant James DeGale an immediate rematch against George Groves. DeGale lost his British super-middleweight title to Commonwealth champion Groves on Saturday night. But the fight ended controversially with Groves winning a contentious majority decision. The two judges who gave Groves the fight did so by a single round.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Typical Warren

Comment

I thought DeGale won that to be honest, and were their really any close rounds? The rounds were clear cut either way, I had it 114-115 for DeGale.

Comment

Originally posted by unleashed View Post
        I thought DeGale won that to be honest, and were their really any close rounds? The rounds were clear cut either way, I had it 114-115 for DeGale.
        LOL. There were no close rounds yet you scored one 10-10? Nice one!

I think what Groves is saying makes sense. Let them both move on to other fights and have a rematch in 3-5 years or so.

Comment

I feel De Gale is going to have his change his attitude towards his opponents if he's going to go far in this game. He's not good enough to act cocky!

Comment

I think that there were many close rounds and the entire fight was close, being Groves the sharper puncher and DeGale landing the hardest shots. I think that DeGale has a lot to learn of this fight cause he didn't let his hands go to the exchanges (Groves is a bit faster than him), didn't have a good head movement or defense, only used legs to take punches away. Groves hits like an amateur ***** and he is on drugs thinking that he or DeGale are going to win a world title fighting like this, I can't see both of them winning the actual champions. However, they are young so who knows. Groves has to fight Brian Magee before chasing the European title and we then could see if Magee should go into retirement or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatfarm1980 View Post
              I feel De Gale is going to have his change his attitude towards his opponents if he's going to go far in this game. He's not good enough to act cocky!
              +1 I totally agree, he has to focus on train and his opponents style and shut up his big mouth. He has a lot to learn of this

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/13491248.stm

LOL - He's pissed...

Comment

It's Degales fault the fight was so close he didn't pick up his work rate until late and that cost him.

I think he won it by one round but he should have done more, no complaints about the desicion.

Comment

How many times? Once convincingly would be nice. There were tons of rounds with lots of posing and nothing of note connecting. I scored it for Degale but it could have been a draw. Groves probably figures the odds are against him in a rematch so it makes sense to move on and build up his record and try to get bigger fights

Comment

Working...
                    X