No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Tua Retires: Taking a Look Back at His Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Tua Retires: Taking a Look Back at His Career

The Tuaman has announced his retirement from boxing, saying he has to walk away from the ring.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    The Tuaman has announced his retirement from boxing, saying he has to walk away from the ring.

[Click Here To Read More]
    i was a huge tua fan back in the day, his destruction of Ruiz was epic, if that tua was around today it would be fun. I don't think he was ever quite the same after the Lewis fight though, not that he took a bad beating or anything, he was just handled so skillfully and easily that it seemed to break a bit of his self belief or something.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
      i was a huge tua fan back in the day, his destruction of Ruiz was epic, if that tua was around today it would be fun. I don't think he was ever quite the same after the Lewis fight though, not that he took a bad beating or anything, he was just handled so skillfully and easily that it seemed to break a bit of his self belief or something.

Yup, .... wished Tua had more height in him though ... he would have been a menace in any era!

Comment

Some nice words from Tua.

Comment

Prime tua was a force of natur that few could match, that left hook was ****ing deadly.

Samoan brutaly at its finest

Comment

It feels like Tua has been retired since being outclassed by Lewis back in Fall of 2000... That said, I'll always remember (and rewatch) his war with Ike Ibeabuchi as well as his destruction of Johnny Louise and Michael Moorer.

Take care David. Thank you for all the years of heavyweight fighting that you've given us.

Comment

One of my all-time favourite fighters. Thank you for the memories, Tuaman!

Comment

Tua knows what he needs to do, I like him he's a legend and a humble nice guy he'll do great!

Comment

Tua the Tub retires from what?

Tua was terrible. A fat 60 inch waist of whale blubber slow as hell doing nothing in his career. Tua had no career and I would guess he is broke. Just a terrible fighter no skills but a wild punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrubber View Post
                    Tua was terrible. A fat 60 inch waist of whale blubber slow as hell doing nothing in his career. Tua had no career and I would guess he is broke. Just a terrible fighter no skills but a wild punch.
                    Pathetic post show some respect. Tua had a 34 inch waist against Lewis in other fights it would have been even less, also he was a beast he could have been a Champion he had a great career

Comment

Working...
                    X