Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a 250 lb man no fights exp beat a 130 lb man who boxed 3 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's tough to answer, cause i've seen really big, tall guys get beat up by smaller, tougher guys all the time. These big, tall guys i'm talking about don't know how to fight and just can't get angry, they're very soft and could get bullied easily. It gets to the point where some one has to come in and defend them. It's sad.

Now a big guy 250lbs, 6'2", who could fight, you don't want any of that.

Comment

it will depend on the context. obviously if the fighter is highly skilled he should be favored.

are they in a boxing ring with gloves on and boxing rules?

and is teh big guy just some lunk, or can he handle himself? does he have an athletic background? 250 lbs is massive if you are in shape... how did he get there?
      and is the 130lber walking around at 130? or is that his weight when he fought?

why don't you handicap it for us? i don't think either man is a shoe in. if they're at a distance the guy with the experience ideally should be able to put his hands on the guy. he might not knock him cold with one shot, but he should be able to damage him.

that said, if the big guy is prime ray lewis, he's probably going to rip the smaller guy apart. that's a very large man who doesn't need to know how to box to hurt somebody.

people have been hurting each other for a long time. if you really want to hurt somebody who is that much smaller than you are you put your hands on his neck and squeeze. if you can get your hands on him there's not much he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        it will depend on the context. obviously if the fighter is highly skilled he should be favored.

are they in a boxing ring with gloves on and boxing rules?

and is teh big guy just some lunk, or can he handle himself? does he have an athletic background? 250 lbs is massive if you are in shape... how did he get there?
        and is the 130lber walking around at 130? or is that his weight when he fought?

why don't you handicap it for us? i don't think either man is a shoe in. if they're at a distance the guy with the experience ideally should be able to put his hands on the guy. he might not knock him cold with one shot, but he should be able to damage him.

that said, if the big guy is prime ray lewis, he's probably going to rip the smaller guy apart. that's a very large man who doesn't need to know how to box to hurt somebody.

people have been hurting each other for a long time. if you really want to hurt somebody who is that much smaller than you are you put your hands on his neck and squeeze. if you can get your hands on him there's not much he can do.
        pretty much.. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
          someone with 30 amateur fights knows his craft fairly well.. you forget that it's also 3-4 years of sparring for those amateur fights.

erik morales didn't look like an 'alpha male' but was a beast.. muscle sometimes doesn't mean a thing.
          Street fight to poster above.

Also you keep talking pro's. Yes Erik didn't look beastly but he was a pro boxer. I am talking about Gatti's normal man people. I saw it before and they looked soft.

I am talking normal guys.

One is a gym guy who is fairly tall and pretty heavy and muscular.

The other is an OK height and weighs 130 lbs which is pretty small IMO. Definitely 30 fights and sparring will help him, but does he have a chance still?

Comment

Street fight? He shouldn't... If he has world class power...then maybe I suppose. I guess it depends on the temperament of the big guy. Will he "no mas" it after getting hit hard and possibly bleed right away? Or is he realistic and realizes he's in a fight and will get hit and can live with that in order to get his? Once that adrenaline kicks through...unless he can buzz him right off the bat, good luck. That's an insurmountable size difference all things being equal (minus skill). Just picture your friend fighting Stone Cold Steve Austin or something. Barring an instant KO...good luck. Better hope he doesn't rape or kill you cuz you're at their mercy. lol

And wtf man... why are you comparing ERIK MORALES and ARTURO GATTi to some random amateur boxer who might be awful as all s hit for all we know lol.

Comment

the toughest guy i have ever known was a boxer, self taught. this native indian cat....he's about 140lb and he used to routinely challenge and destroy the so-called bad boys of the neighbourhood in backyard boxing.

i'd pick the boxer unless the big guy is able to fall in and grab on he's getting hit multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                That's tough to answer, cause i've seen really big, tall guys get beat up by smaller, tougher guys all the time. These big, tall guys i'm talking about don't know how to fight and just can't get angry, they're very soft and could get bullied easily. It gets to the point where some one has to come in and defend them. It's sad.

Now a big guy 250lbs, 6'2", who could fight, you don't want any of that.
                i have seen this phenomenon...lol i think it's more of a case of the big guy being afraid to get angry because then he might take a real beating. it's a complete lack of confidence and it's pretty sad.

Comment

I'd go with the muscular 250 pounder easily. The 130 pound amateur doesn't sound very intimidating from the description given. In a street fight he'll probably get tossed like a rag doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
                    What do you guys think?

130 is quite small, he is 5 foot 8. Had many fights and boxes for 4 years but not pro.

250 lb man is 6 foot 2, does weight lifting. Never had a fight in his life.
                    If he can wrestle or just grapple a bit definitely

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                      If he can wrestle or just grapple a bit definitely
                      Uh..no. That would literally be the worst thing you could do. Just give him lube while you're at it lol. Have you ever TRIED to wrestle with a 250 strong, athletic guy? I can't even budge my fat ass 250ish pound friends. Last I tried I was like..a SOLID 150-160ish.. It didn't matter if I went down quick and pulled a leg..they'd just collapse on me... once I was caught it was just...emasculating to say the least. I've seen a LOT of big guys get knocked out by smaller guys... but it's usually in the form of a KO or one punch doing most of the damage and then the follow up being brutal due to the shock of the first hit. All things being equal (temperament, etc) minus the skill... 130 would mean death. Again, if he has good power, it's feasible... but at 130? He'd have to have SERIOUS Julian Jackson like power or be hitting a glass chin or fighting some REALLY soft big dude ( a lot are...)
                      Last edited by NearHypnos; 11-19-2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X