Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Fans: What would Amir Khan have to do, to get your respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being more humble would help.

Comment

If he fought and beat Lucas Matthysse, he would earn my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Amir Khan is probably the most hated, reviled and generally loathed man in boxing.

Nobody respects him, everybody wants to see him knocked out and badly hurt, when he loses it seems to make fans very happy.

My question is, what would Khan have to do to gain your respect?

Or is it impossible, will you never respect him no matter what he does?
        Khan needs to stop acting like he's a great fighter or a superstar after losing a fight... perhaps he'd win more fans being more humble

Forgot to mention that he shouted out fighters that were well above his station..... I mean Mayweather? cmon man hahahah and I remember some guys actually thinking Khan could beat Money... what a bunch of moronic fools
        Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 01-27-2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
          nothing, there is nothing he can ever do, I hate him so much.
          hahahahahahaha

Comment

I already respect Khan. He has one of the best resumes at 140, if not the best. He's a two time champion. He is talented and skilled. He has consistently fought good fighters and champs or former champs. I can understand why people think he talks too much and does seem a little up his own arse but if you meet him in person he is actually a decent bloke. But he does what he does because that's what most young, talented, rich athletes do.

Khan's resume since losing to Prescott:

***an (decent fight for someone coming off a 1st round KO)
            Barrera (past it but every young fighter as a couple of these fights in their resume)
            Kotelnyk (a worthy champion who arguably should have the nod over Devon and also beat Maidana)
            Salita (No. 1 contender at the time. The first round demolition was spectacular)
            Malignaggi (a terrific fighter who's still going strong today)
            Maidana (people said Khan would never fight him, yet he did, withstood some crazy big shots and still doesn't get respect)
            McCloskey (the best 140 pounder in Europe at the time. Is a good home coming fight)
            Zab Judah (a former PBF opponent who is still a worthy, top 4 LWW and title contender. Beat the **** out of him and made him quit)
            Peterson (still a very controversial fight. Had LP winning but the drug test debacle after should have him banned, not still champion)
            Garcia (a tough, young, hungry champion who hits hard and battered Khan. Khan's chin and technique is back under the miscroscope)
            Molina (let's be honest, nothing more than a confidence building fight)

That list contains 4 champs or former champs at 140, an ATG (yes faded) and every one of those opponents post MAB, barring McCloskey and Molina were/are top 10 guys in the division. If you can't respect that in a 11 fight streak, then you guys are haters for other reasons than boxing which really doesn't make sense.

Comment

if he became a half decent boxer and stopped being a pr!ck maybe people would be cool with him.
              as things stand he ain't and he hasn't so people dislike him

Comment

Big respect for Khan. I like arrogant fighters. He has a weak chin but everybody has their flaws. I'm ready for his next fight. He's always exciting.

Comment

Beat usain bolt at the olympics...i think he can do it

Comment

He's a good fighter, Garcia wont even rematch him, because they know Khan beats him in rematch. And he did the right thing by firing Roach

Comment

I would respect him is he just STFU.

Comment

Working...
                      X