No announcement yet.

(Video)The BEGINNING of the COCKY Mayweather era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
    floyd will always be the favorite to win and unless someone is actually able to hit floyd more than usual and force floyd to fight more than usual you will always say that he is cherry pickin and not challenging himself

you're right...how could i forget, he just fought a FW...great way to challenge yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
      you're right...how could i forget, he just fought a FW...great way to challenge yourself
      Actually he fought the lightweight champion.

Marquez is not the first LightWeight champion to challenge a WelterWeight.

As a matter of fact Pacquiao did it when he fought De La Hoya

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
        This is Mayweather's first PPV and this is when his Cocky/Big Mouth persona came out.

This entire video is full of classic quotable
        uhhh is this when you first started following him or something? he was cocky before the Augustus fight back in 2000

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
          uhhh is this when you first started following him or something? he was cocky before the Augustus fight back in 2000
          Not really...I mean he has always been confident & Cocky...but this persona was never out before the gatti fight...he was trying to sell the PPV.

Why would you presume I started watching him in 2000? You trying to see who's a bigger Mayweather fan by finding out who saw him fight first?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
            Actually he fought the lightweight champion.

Marquez is not the first LightWeight champion to challenge a WelterWeight.

As a matter of fact Pacquiao did it when he fought De La Hoya

like i said, GREAT way to challenge yourself....we ALL praised DLH for challenging himself by picking on PAC...

unfortunately, karma only worked for the DLH fight...but hey, at LEAST he made the contractual weight and didnt look like an absolute douchebag for pickin on a lil dude

Comment

Floyd's always been a prick, he just got more camera time from that point onwards.

at the whole "Persona" **** to defend Floyd and his moronic antics.

Comment

Hay hay hay...

That is one of the best FW's of all time.

Give Floyd some credit.

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaBeckham View Post
                  Hay hay hay...

That is one of the best FW's of all time.

Give Floyd some credit.

i'd give him 'some' credit if the self-proclaimed gymrat (who had an extra 2months) made the weight at least

Comment

When Mayweather realized that he needed a little something extra to sell his PPVs- since it was his first.

So many people call Mayweather boring, but you can't deny that his fights sell. If not for his crowd pleasing style () then it's because he turns a fight into a spectacle.

Comment

i'd give him 'some' credit if the self-proclaimed gymrat (who had an extra 2months) made the weight at least
                      Floyd needs friendly refs to win.

If he's not allowed to hold excessively on the inside and forearm to the neck he won't be as hard to beat.

He needs ref's that will deduct points for that ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X