No announcement yet.

Pacquiao: "Be a Filipino, Get real, I won"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao: "Be a Filipino, Get real, I won"

Per The Filipino Inquirer http://sports.inquirer.net/26137/pacquiao-arrives-in-manila-raps-filipino-critics[/url]

Sorry about the link.... Posting through my phone copy and paste fellas if you would like to read the article.....

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      Sorry about the link.... Posting through my phone copy and paste fellas if you would like to read the article.....
      I copied and pasted it for ya:

MANILA, Philippines–”MAGPAKATOTOO ka…maging Filipino ka (Get real…be a Filipino).”

This was boxing idol Manny Pacquiao’s message to his Filipino critics, especially those who rooted for Mexican counterpuncher Juan Manuel Marquez during their controversial bout in Las Vegas.

At the same time, the Sarangani lawmaker thanked his countrymen who supported him in the hotly debated contest.

“Salamat sa sambayanang Filipino sa pagsuporta. Sa awa ng Panginoon, nanalo tayo at doon sa mga ibang tao na naniniwala na di tama yung desisyon eh, magpakatotoo ka…maging Filipino ka (I thank the Filipino people for their support. With God’s help, I won. But to those who think the judges’ decision was wrong, I’d say get real…be a Filipino),” said Pacquiao, who arrived at 8:30 a.m. Monday aboard a Philippine Airlines flight from California (with a brief stopover in Guam).

The Filipino boxer and his wife Ma. Geraldine, also known as “Jinkee,” were welcomed at the airport by, among others, their four children Jemuel,

Michael, Mary Divine Grace, and Queen Elizabeth, and friends, including former Manila Mayor Lito Atienza and son, Ali.

Asked about the hotly debated fight in Nevada, Pacquiao admitted he was not totally happy with his performance.

“Ang paniwala ko, bago natapos ‘yung 12 rounds ay lamang ako at panalo ako (I believed that before the bout was over, I was ahead and winning),” he said.

But he admitted “‘yung inisip ko na ibigay ko ‘yung magandang laban ay di ko nagawa (The thought that I gave away a good fight didn’t enter my mind).”

“So medyo di masyado akong kumbinsido sa performance ko dahil sa `yung ini-expect na ibigay ko sa mga tao ay di nangyari ang ganun (I was not convinced in my performance and I wasn’t able to deliver what the people expected of me),” said Pacquiao.

He explained, “eh, talagang ganun. Naintindihan natin na di sa lahat ng panahon ay pwede tayong manalo ng one-sided fight.. Tsaka, di pwedeng lahat ng kalaban bubugbugin . May kamay din ‘yan. Dumating lang `yun pagkakataon na naging close `yun fight (That’s boxing. There are instances where you don’t win through a one-sided fight. You can’t always beat your opponent in a lopsided way. They also have fists. It so happened that my fight was a close fight).”

On published reports that American boxer Floyd Mayweather has dethroned him as the boxing pound-for-pound king, the General Santos City native claimed he has yet to see them.

“Di ko alam kung saan lumabas ‘yan…Siguro sa ibang tao na di dugong-Pinoy ang nag-iisip ng ganyan (I don’t know where that came from. Probably from people who are not Filipinos),” he said.

Pacquiao has reportedly been demoted to No. 2 in the pound-for-pound rankings of the US publication Sports Illustrated, as well as ESPN and Yahoo! Sports.

Mayweather moved to the No. 1 spot after a 21-month layoff and three successive wins over Shane Mosley, Victor Ortiz and Marquez.

Ring Magazine, called the “Bible of Boxing,” on the other hand, continued to recognize Pacquiao as the best after Sunday’s controversial match.

On his plans, Pacquiao disclosed he was going back to work at the House of Representatives.

“Balik tayo sa trabahao…Wala pa tayong susunod na laban (Back to work…no plans for next fight yet),” he noted.

Asked about the current woes of his former ally, ex-President Macapagal-Arroyo, Pacquiao declined comment.

“Mahirap magbigay ng komento sa ganyang mga issue na di natin alam ang mga sitwasyon. Siguro, pag-aralan nating mabuti bago tayo magbigay ng pahayag (It’s hard to comment on an issue I have not no knowledge of. I’d have to study it first befeore I mae a comment),” he added.

Last week, President Aquino defended Pacquiao’s victory over Marquez as he also asked Filipinos not to take anything away from the ring icon who rose from adversity to become a world champion.

“Let’s remember where Manny came from, how he shaped himself, how he became a champion and repeatedly became a champion in eight categories,” said the President.

Mr. Aquino added, “there are people who admire those who just got lucky. Here, we have someone who strived to reach where he is now and let’s not take that away from Manny.”

For his part, Vice President Jejomar Binay said “Manny’s victory once and for all proves that he is indeed the world’s best pound-for-pound fighter.”

“It was a hard-earned victory for him. Once again, he has made the entire Filipino nation proud,” Binay also said, adding “nothing beats the determination of the Filipino.”

Comment

Marquez owned you.

Comment

Does this mean Floyd and Manny finally have something in common?

Comment

Be every other race, get real, JMM won.

Comment

be a Filipino?!?....WOW!!....don't be a boxing fan, be a Filipino...be bias is what he's saying!!!

Comment

Manny don't want any of Floyd, he knows what Floyd would do to him. *****s are annoying as all can be but sadly they're right. Mayweather Jr. would school Manny and win a lop-sided decision.

Comment

What a way to rally in the ******* zombies" be a Filipino I won"

Comment

Wow just WOW...........

Comment

Working...
                    X