Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many fighters has NSAC caught "BEFORE" the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many fighters has NSAC caught "BEFORE" the fight?

This is an honest question.

I've heard of NSAC catching fighters for having banned substances in their system after they've already had their way with their opponents. Of course the KO/TKO/UD victory will be changed to No Contest. But what good is that really doing?

What's the point of taking punishment from someone who has illegal substances in their blood, only for the fight to be overturned after the damage has already been done?

There's a whole list of fighters in MMA and boxing that weren't caught until "after" the fight. This is a problem

I can understand why a fighter would want to make sure a fighter is 100% clean before they lace em up. NSAC's sole purpose is to protect the fighters. You can't protect someone by catching the crook after the crime's already taken place.

I'm not sure how many people USADA has caught "before" the fight, but I can't help but to think that when athletes know testing will be full force, I would think they stop taking the illegal supplements in fear of getting caught. Maybe this explains why USADA doesn't have the greatest track record of catching athletes before the fight, because the athletes aren't doing anything illegal because they know they can't beat the system. That's my opinion of course.

Also, due to the expensive cost of year round OSDT, isn't it hard to implement this testing for the whole year?

In my opinion, even though Mayweather's version of OSDT isn't the real OSDT (according to Victor Conte), it's still better than the old fashion "catch a fighter after the fight" NSAC method.

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    This is an honest question.

I've heard of NSAC catching fighters for having banned substances in their system after they've already had their way with their opponents. Of course the KO/TKO/UD victory will be changed to No Contest. But what good is that really doing?

What's the point of taking punishment from someone who has illegal substances in their blood, only for the fight to be overturned after the damage has already been done?

There's a whole list of fighters in MMA and boxing that weren't caught until "after" the fight. This is a problem

I can understand why a fighter would want to make sure a fighter is 100% clean before they lace em up. NSAC's sole purpose is to protect the fighters. You can't protect someone by catching the crook after the crime's already taken place.

I'm not sure how many people USADA has caught "before" the fight, but I can't help but to think that when athletes know testing will be full force, I would think they stop taking the illegal supplements in fear of getting caught. Maybe this explains why USADA doesn't have the greatest track record of catching athletes before the fight, because the athletes aren't doing anything illegal because they know they can't beat the system. That's my opinion of course.

Also, due to the expensive cost of year round OSDT, isn't it hard to implement this testing for the whole year?

In my opinion, even though Mayweather's version of OSDT isn't the real OSDT (according to Victor Conte), it's still better than the old fashion "catch a fighter after the fight" NSAC method.
    Surely.

Common sense surely dictates that.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Surely.

Common sense surely dictates that.
      Comparing the thread views to post count, I guess it is common sense.

Listen, I understand NSB has been overwhelmed with May-Pac drug testing threads, but I have yet to see a thread where someone attacks the problem in NSAC catching cheaters after the fight. This is a problem and I'm trying to address it here. I don't think it's been addressed before.

Comment

this is true. the whole point should be to catch someone BEFORE they kill someone. for instance this is the same as checking someones wraps/gloves for plaster only AFTER the fight. sure after a boxer dies you'd see that the other guy used plaster but what's the point at that point? The victim has already suffered his permanent injury. people need to be caught BEFORE the act not after

Comment

This thread is 2 years old. Give it up floyd fans, who cares.

Comment

Comparing the thread views to post count, I guess it is common sense.

Listen, I understand NSB has been overwhelmed with May-Pac drug testing threads, but I have yet to see a thread where someone attacks the problem in NSAC catching cheaters after the fight. This is a problem and I'm trying to address it here. I don't think it's been addressed before.
            You joined in Dec 2009 and you never saw any of those probably hundreds of threads?

You're like 3 years late with this stuff

Comment

TS why bother bringing this up? Manny already said hed be available to take all and any random blood and urine tests. Just like he said he'd take less cash. Manny's word is bond. Don't you know this by now?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                You joined in Dec 2009 and you never saw any of those probably hundreds of threads?

You're like 3 years late with this stuff
                I joined in Dec 09, but I didn't start posting consistently until Summer of 2011.

You know Russian, I think I've given you more credit than maybe you deserve.

Since speaking with you on various subjects, I've noticed a trend with you. You'd rather spend more time deterring topics than addressing the actual topic at hand.

Some people call it changing the subject and others call it smoke screens. Feel free to pick whichever one you like, but in my opinion, you're consistently great at doing both.

Anyway, to answer your question, since I've been on here, yes I've seen countless Mayweather-Pac drug related threads. I honestly have yet to see one that addresses NSAC's problem of catching cheaters after they've already cheated.

So I'm making a thread in an attempt to get clarification. What's the problem with that.

But if you would like to get technical, NSB thrives on creating the same threads over and over again, but with different words. The only difference is I see you chose to consistently give your answer's in different words in other threads, but when you come across a thread that has a significant gripe/complaint, you choose to focus on the "this thread is repetitive" excuse, instead of addressing it unbiasedly; especially if it's not in your fighters best interest to give an honest answer. You should check yourself man; just saying.
                Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 03-14-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I joined in Dec 09, but I didn't start posting consistently until Summer of 2011.

You know Russian, I think I've given you more credit than maybe you deserve.

Since speaking with you on various subjects, I've noticed a trend with you. You'd rather spend more time deterring topics than addressing the actual topic at hand.

Some people call it changing the subject and others call it smoke screens. Feel free to pick whichever one you like, but in my opinion, you're consistently great at doing both.

Anyway, to answer your question, since I've been on here, yes I've seen countless Mayweather-Pac drug related threads. I honestly have yet to see one that addresses NSAC's problem of catching cheaters after they've already cheated.

So I'm making a thread in an attempt to get clarification. What's the problem with that.

But if you would like to get technical, NSB thrives on creating the same threads over and over again, but with different words. The only difference is I see you chose to consistently give your answer's in different words in other threads, but when you come across a thread that has a significant gripe/complaint, you choose to focus on the "this thread is repetitive" excuse, instead of addressing it unbiasedly; especially if it's not in your fighters best interest to give an honest answer. You should check yourself man; just saying.
                  Thats probably why

This topic has been beat to ****, this happened 3 years ago. Even worse is that it simply doesnt matter anymore

While you're at it why not make a thread about who you REALLY thought won Mayweather -Castillo, its just as original

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Thats probably why

This topic has been beat to ****, this happened 3 years ago. Even worse is that it simply doesnt matter anymore

While you're at it why not make a thread about who you REALLY thought won Mayweather -Castillo, its just as original
                    So what's your take on NSAC catching athletes, not before, but after they cheat and inflict injury to their opponent?

How do you really feel about that?

Comment

Working...
                    X