Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers who will have a huge 2012 (from prospects to current world champions)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonito Donaire
    Mikey Garcia
    Yuriorkis Gamboa
    Amir Khan
    Victor Ortiz
    Andre Ward
    Vanes Martirosyan
    Brandon Rios
    Robert Guerrero

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
    Lucien Bute to have a bad year if he steps up the competition?
    i too belieb dat Born2Live!

Comment

Deontay Wilder

Comment

Boxers who will have a great year:
        Brandon Rios
        Berto will beat Ortiz.
        Bradley
        Seth Mitchell, not winning a title but stepping up in competition and winning.
        Khan, will bounce back and win the rematch against Peterson.
        Donaire, beating Vasquez and Nishioka.
        Gamboa
        Kirkland

Going down or will look bad even though winning:
        Bute, once he fights Ward, Froch, or Dirrell, he will lose.
        JuanMa will get upset again.
        Salido, will lose the title.
        Pacquiao, after the Margarito fight, i believed he took some punishment. Along with his intensity in fighting and traning plus his age, it has caught up with him already.
        Last edited by loui_ludwig; 12-29-2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Kirkland, Canelo, Broner, Maidana, Ortiz, Rios, Dirrell, Ward, Bute

Comment

Lucien Bute,Joan Guzman,Gamboa,Argenis Mendez,kirkland.

Comment

Gamboa, Rigondeaux, Lara (might be a little bias lol)

TIMOTHY BRADLEY! Kell Brook! Vernon Paris, Adrien Broner, Danny "SWIFT" Garcia, Gary Russell Jr., Robert Guerrero and I agree with Andre Dirrell as well as his brother Anthony Dirrell

Also think Chad Dawson takes over that 175 Division AGAIN with or without fighting B-Hop again

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i agree on all accounts save victor ortiz and floyd mayweather

if he can get out of jail within 30 days (certainly within the realm of possibility) and get a fight quickly he might be able to have two fights this year
                one of them perhaps being with manny pacquiao, who he's sure to defeat and get plenty of credit along the way.

i also think victor is on the way down
                he was in a war with berto. a war with maidana. both of those guys can punch. he's been stopped by floyd mayweather
                he's not a fleet boxer who will be able to adjust his style as his legs slow and he begins to fight larger opponents at ww and jr mw

i think he's shaping up for a short career. he's also pretty rich at this stage with a long involvement with goldenboy.

nice looking post, though.

i can also see bernard hopkins and shane mosley getting stopped.
                it's a testament to the lack of bruisers in boxing that they have not.

their bodies are deteriorating. shane's no slickster and bernard is getting close to fifty.
                the wrong guy will knock them out

canelo would stop shane. i dont think nazim richardson would allow him out there for too many rounds
                i agree with you on the mayweather prediction. the fact that he booked the mgm in may and even talked about having a fight in feb showed some signs that perhaps he is trying to be active in 2012. hopefully he goes right into a training camp about a month after his release.
                with ortiz, i think he is going to stay at 147 for a while. and at 147 he is relatively bigger guy. bradley, khan, alexander, maidana, and malignaggi, i don't see any of these guys outweighing him on fight night. he's also a fitness freak outside the gym, being 25 in 2012, i think he might have a good year (if he is able to beat berto again).
                hopkins is truly a guess due to the age and bad showing recently against dawson. i think dawson beats him in a rematch, and from there, i guess he can face someone like cloud or cleverly. won't do much for his career imo though.
                shane should hang them up imo. only reason alvarez takes that fight is for the name, besides that i can't see him losing to a shot mosley while he has been steadily improving. he will need to face the top names in his division in 2012 for sure. that is what i'm looking forward to.

other guys will be ward with bute and dirrell on the horizon.
                donaire with the move up and new challenges.
                rios and guerrero both moving up to 140 is going to be exciting.
                mikey garcia will fight for a title for sure as well.
                erislandy lara and the kirkland/molina winner will should get a title shot as well.
                tim bradley and kell brook are sure to make some real noise as well.
                lots of stuff to predict....this is it for me for now.
                Last edited by chiguy91; 12-30-2011, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X