No announcement yet.

Wilder: I want to fight Chisora in England

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    He isn't, but he does catch punches on the way in. If it goes a few rounds you'd have to think at some point Wilder would land the big shot, assuming he can box on the backfoot. From Chisora's perspective, Wilder's chin may not be up to much so it would be good for him to test that early.

It's an intriguing match-up. Wilder was talking about how active he is, so maybe Warren can put this on next month. If it doesn't happen next month, it's hard to see it happening this year because Chisora will have already fought three times.
    Correct, but Chisora, dare I say, is probably the best guy in the division to close the distance between him and his opponent. Look at the way Audley stood right in front of him with the left hand high when Wilder got to him. It's a much easier target and you get a lot more power behind your shots as a tall fighter when you fight a big static guy who's in front of you.

That's of course not to say Wilder can't KO Chisora, because he can, but I sincerely doubt it will be a 1 round KO.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

You reckon? I think people will say Chisora was just a bum and Wilder still hasn't stepped up. Completely dismissing that Chisora has given everyone on his resume a very very hard nights work.
      Compared to Wilder's past competition, Chisora is prime George Foreman and Muhammad Ali

Comment

Wilder saying the right things and making moves to step up. I don't like the way he's been/being handled; he needs to be getting round in against the gatekeepers in the division that won't get knocked out, not be looking for opponents to make highlight-reel KOs out of.

Saying that; his power is real. I just don't think the man can box much. He hasn't been boxing long enough to add many winkles to his game. Nowhere near ready, but I guess they feel it's now or never.

Comment

Chisora actually did an interview on Wilder when they thought the fight was on in June (from 1:00 minute in):

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Chisora actually did an interview on Wilder when they thought the fight was on in June (from 1:00 minute in):

I think Chisora actually found Wilder an easier option than Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Compared to Wilder's past competition, Chisora is prime George Foreman and Muhammad Ali
              He's probably the heavyweight in the division that's fought the best fighters since 2010. He's got the balls to fight anyone.

And add to that Wlad cancelled on him twice.

Comment

Boxing gods...

Please make this fight happen.

Just for the boards sake...

Comment

IF the heavyweight division was alive, Chisora wouldn't even be relevant. Wilder knocks him out.

Comment

I predict David Glass Jaw Haye will blatantly duck Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      He's probably the heavyweight in the division that's fought the best fighters since 2010. He's got the balls to fight anyone.

And add to that Wlad cancelled on him twice.
                      He's the ultimate gatekeeper. If you beat Chisora, you're legit in today's division. He's beaten the frauds.

Comment

Working...
                      X