No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves vs. Johnson Early Fight Results From ExCel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves vs. Johnson Early Fight Results From ExCel

ExCel Arena, Dockland, London - Neil Dawson (11-1, 4KOs) stopped Tony Conquest (10-1, 4KOs) in the first round to capture the WBO Internatiional Cruiserweight Championship. Conquest was down and out in the first round after controlling the opening exchanges. A solid right hand by Neil Dawson put him down and he was unable to continue after 1.59.

[Click Here To Read More]

I am shocked to say the least. I've seen a few of Conquests bouts & his chin never looked an issue.

Anyone see it? I mean the bout, not his chin.

Comment

Shocking outcome! I never expected groves to beat johnson. He is surely ready for carl froch and the top of the division....

Comment

that was a slip but not suprised it was called a KD..... Johnson doesn't have much left atall, decent win for groves.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
          Shocking outcome! I never expected groves to beat johnson. He is surely ready for carl froch and the top of the division....
          he'll smash Froch to pieces..Froch doesnt have the chin to withstand the punches. The only plus for Froch is his stamina which Groves is lacking

Comment

Groves isn't really that great. Don't see him beating any of the top fighters in the division any time soon

Comment

Groves would beat Abraham I think and might stop him.

Comment

its obvious groves is the goat he twatted the mexican binman the last day. and hes just had 96 yr old glen. frochs chin would surely be obliterated against this beast. as for andre forget about it,

Comment

Hard to assess Groves' present standing. Johnson is clearly past it.

I don't see him giving Froch anything to worry about.

Comment

If this kid could fight a little bit why is he in with Glen?? Glen has been a pro "opponent" for some time now so theres NO reason for this match up! Having a recognizable name is one thing but when everyone knows he's far from the prime Glen or even a competitive fighter whats the purpos?
                    To add a W to a record filled with "Who's"! Send him to the Philly gyms for a few weeks then you'll know if he can fight or not. Then book the kid a real fight so you could cut to the chase and give the fans there a real show! Ray

Comment

Working...
                    X