No announcement yet.

Bob Arum article

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum article

No matter how you feel about Bob Arum, you'll probably find some of the stories here interesting and/or funny. I was personally fascinated by the true story of the Ellis-Patterson robbery. Certainly worth a look.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...nus/index.html

Nice read, thank you.
    Last edited by JAB5239; 12-06-2012, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Very interesting read. I wonder if that business about integration was true

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Awesome! Especially loved the little bit about Hagler and the flight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
          Nice read, thank you.
          You're welcome Huey. I knew that as an Arum fan you would really enjoy it.

Comment

The man has led a very interesting life. Thanks for bringing this article to our attention scott

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              You're welcome Huey. I knew that as an Arum fan you would really enjoy it.
              I polished Huey's words up a bit, but I have no doubt me meant well.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                I polished Huey's words up a bit, but I have no doubt he meant well.
                Oh, no doubt at all. It's not like he's a De La Hoya nuthugger.

Comment

Have there ever been any boxing promoters that everyone liked and considered to be honest and good, rather than hated by some, as Arum and King have been over the years, or does being a dishonest huckster just come with the territory?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Have there ever been any boxing promoters that everyone liked and considered to be honest and good, rather than hated by some, as Arum and King have been over the years, or does being a dishonest huckster just come with the territory?
                    I think promoters are salesman. They get into the trade to make some money. They promote events. In the course of promoting they get compete with each other for talent as king and arum have over the years. Some are infact both manangers and promoters as Don and his fake manager carl king
                    had in the 80's. In a perfect boxing world two fighters with good managers and trainers on there teams bring out the optimum performance and paydays for the fighters. The promoter sells the fight and makes money and we the observers or fans pay for the privlage of watching the fight and come away entertained.

Comment

Working...
                    X