Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of TODD DUBEOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“After a while, whenever Bob and I had one of our periodic thermonuclear wars, Todd would come in as the peacemaker. One time, Lovee was throwing a birthday party for Bob. I got an invitation and didn’t RSVP because HBO was in the middle of a lawsuit that Top Rank had filed against us. Lovee followed up with a telephone call to ask if I’d come, and I said, ‘I don’t think so.’ Two hours later, Todd called and made the point that my being there could begin the process of reconciliation. So I went out to the party and, soon after that, the lawsuit was settled. I’m a fan of Todd’s. He gives nepotism a good name.”

Comment

‘Wait a minute. We get six thousand people for a weigh-in in Las Vegas. When Manny Pacquiao is on terrestrial television in the Philippines, we do a 98-percent share. Wladimir Klitschko did a 51-percent share in Germany against Eddie Chambers. Boxing is not dead.’”

“One of boxing’s problems,” Todd continues, “is that, unlike other major sports, we have no public relations effort keyed to promote boxing as a whole. The NBA has ‘I love this game’ and ‘Amazing!’ Major League Baseball tells you that it’s "fantastic" and a life-long bond between fathers and their children. In boxing, virtually all of the publicity is keyed to a specific fight and, on a few occasions, to a specific fighter.”
      Excellent.

Comment

i think duboef is also the man behind all the new changes in in fight entertainment with top rank ppv cards.

Comment

Working...
        X