No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia, JuanMa Lopez Ready To Light Up Dallas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia, JuanMa Lopez Ready To Light Up Dallas

By Jake Donovan - There is still a little over a month left before Miguel Angel ‘Mikey’ Garcia and Juan Manuel Lopez square off in Dallas, but the brass at HBO is already loving the forthcoming crossroads bout.

“Mikey’s knockout ratio is 84%. Juan Manuel’s is 86%. I would hazard to guess that this fight isn’t going the distance,” predicts Peter Nelson, Director of Programming for HBO Sports.

Whether it goes all 12 rounds or ends with the first punch thrown, the major crossroads bout figures to be fun for however long it lasts.

Garcia is just now entering his prime, as evidenced in his dominant technical decision points win over Orlando Salido this past January. The win netted the unbeaten featherweight his first major championship, winning the very belt that once belonged to his forthcoming opponent.

“It’s not an easy fight,” Garcia said of his future opponent. “But it’s the kind of fights you have to take as a champion.”

The road to getting towards the title was meant to be a lot easier than the title fight itself. However, Garcia (31-0, 26KO) made it look near effortless in wresting the title from Salido, who had won five straight heading into the contest. Each of Salido’s five wins over that stretch ended inside the distance, beginning with a title-winning knockout effort over Lopez in the first of their eventual two-man crew. [Click Here To Read More]

Do people still care about Lopez?

Comment

I see this fight similiar to Miguel Cotto vs Alvarez that's assuming that fight will happen!
      One guy basically at the top of his game at the moment verses the guy who is on the down slope (damaged goods) whilst Juanma will prove somewhat worthy opponent I don't see him giving Garcia alot of problems.
      Someone needs to get Chris John out of Indonesia and beat the the **** out of that cowardly little runt that's what I preferably want to see.

Comment

WaR GEORGE!!!

Comment

Garcia is way basic. He doesn't get far IMO. For his sake he better hope Juanma is as cooked as everybody thinks he is.

Comment

i'm excited about this fight. should be better than garcia-salido was.

Comment

I'm thinking about scoring some tix tomorrow (or soon) because this one is only 4 hours from me.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                Garcia is way basic. He doesn't get far IMO. For his sake he better hope Juanma is as cooked as everybody thinks he is.
                Dang man, you ever watched any of his fights? Mikey is a smooth operator with a lot of different tools and power in both hands. I wouldn't say he's basic at all

Comment

All I'm saying is this fight is going to be fun to watch regardless of what you think of Juanma/Garcia..

Comment

Garcia is more than basic bt w/his power, he should get through Lopez'x porus defense 2 that fragile chin...Lopez isn't going vs a guy like that tomatoe can he beat in 2 a short while back in Mex...should b fun 2 watch...

Comment

Working...
                    X