No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tom Stalker and La Cruz Stunned With Upset Defeats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tom Stalker and La Cruz Stunned With Upset Defeats

LONDON - Mongolian light-welterweight Munkh-Erdene Uranchimeg produced a ferocious display to down British captain Thomas Stalker in the best fight of the London Games, a big casualty on a tricky Wednesday for the top seeds.

Uranchimeg claimed a 23-22 victory against the 28-year-old Stalker over an action packed nine minutes between the top two fighters in the world rankings.

The 30-year-old Mongolian, competing in his third Olympics, was energetic and clinical over the three rounds and perhaps should have won by a bigger margin, as he picked off Stalker with a number of clean rights in the third as the Briton tired.

[Click Here To Read More]

I must have been watching a different fight, I gave the 1st round to the Mongolian but anyone with at least 1 working eye could see Stalker won rounds 2 & 3 by enough to go through. The Brit's have won a couple of dodgy decisions so i suppose its about time we were on the wrong end of 1. I'm too young to remember the 88, 92 & 96 Olympics but the judging in these Olympics is the worst I've seen and AIBA seem to have decided who'll win some of the medals along time ago based on some of the decisions.
    No excuse though for bad sportsmanship, i'm sure he'll regret that for a while.

Comment

Stalker hould have lost against the Indian Kumar and anyone who follows amateur boxing shouldn't consider that an upset. Uranchimeg is elite, tough and can pressure well which is Kryptonite for the fragile Stalker. Just look what Kumar did to him in the 2nd round of their fight.

La Cruz losing was a suprise but great performance from Yamaguchi Falcao.
      Last edited by Mikhnienko; 08-09-2012, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        Stalker hould have lost against the Indian Kumar and anyone who follows amateur boxing shouldn't consider that an upset. Uranchimeg is elite, tough and can pressure well which is Kryptonite for the fragile Stalker. Just look what Kumar did to him in the 2nd round of their fight.

La Cruz losing was a suprise but great performance from Yamaguchi Falcao.
        Stalker won his first fight fair and square.

He lost his second fight fair and square.

He can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
          Stalker won his first fight fair and square.

He lost his second fight fair and square.

He can't complain.
          Kumar beat the fuk out of Stalker in round 2 and they scored it 9-5 for Stalker. Stalker lost his first fight too.

Comment

Very shocked at de la Cruz losing. I thought he had a gold secured

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Very shocked at de la Cruz losing. I thought he had a gold secured
              He beat Hooper by 1 point and arguably lost to Mekhontsev last year when winning his Gold. He's a very good boxer (although im not fond of his style) but i don't understand it when people act like he has looked invincible.

Comment

I thought Stalker won the 3rd, lost the 1st but just about won the 2nd in a close fight.
                Having said that i do think he was fortunate to be given the win in his previous fight.

Comment

Never really had high hopes for Stalker anyway but as people have pointed out he had already progressed via a controversial decision. It was a close fight with the Mongolian that could've gone either way and just so happens that fortune didn't favour the home fighter.

Haven't seen the De La Cruz fight yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X