No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Says Oner Tried To Stop Handwraps Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wladimir Says Oner Tried To Stop Handwraps Review

According to IBO/WBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, there was controversy even before the boxers stepped in the ring on Saturday night in Cologne, Germany. Wladimir says promoter Ahmet Oner of Arena Box was trying to prevent him from entering Odlanier Solis' dressing room to watch the Cuban fighter getting his hands wrapped. The contract grants permission to a member of each camp to enter the opposing dressing room to watch the boxer get his hands wrapped. Wladimir was camp member selected by his older brother, WBC champion Vitali Klitschko.

[Click Here To Read More]

What's the problem? wlad won right?

Comment

Oner probably thought Vitali's team sent Wlad to intimidate Solis, play in his head.

That's what I thought when I saw that they had sent Wlad. You got to keep in mind Solis never made eye contact with Vitali during the whole build-up to the fight, or at least, I haven't seen him do.

Sending Wlad was a good tactic to get an even better mental edge. I don't believe they had anything to hide, they just didn't want to have the younger bro in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
        Luckily, he didn't need to punch himself in...

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
          they're obviously trying to create a new controversy, Klitschko camp that is, so that the world stops talking about the real controversy, that BS punch which never troubled Solis.

Comment

Originally posted by COLONEL SANDERS View Post
            they're obviously trying to create a new controversy, Klitschko camp that is, so that the world stops talking about the real controversy, that BS punch which never troubled Solis.

Yep, having to try and justify the way it finished is just lame. And now all this bitching about gloves just comes off as amateur.

Comment

im just imagining Haye and Booth when Vitali tries to get into the dressing room before he fights Wlad.

Its just a shame they'll be expecting it, it would be better if that was a surprise

Comment

Oner probably thought Vitali's team sent Wlad to intimidate Solis, play in his head.

That's what I thought when I saw that they had sent Wlad. You got to keep in mind Solis never made eye contact with Vitali during the whole build-up to the fight, or at least, I haven't seen him do.

Sending Wlad was a good tactic to get an even better mental edge. I don't believe they had anything to hide, they just didn't want to have the younger bro in the room.
                Or it's just that Wlad is the guy who always has Vitali's highest trust.

Comment

I agree, I wouldnt want either of the brothers in my room as well. they should of sent some1 else from the team

Comment

I hope Haye includes all of this in the contract that way there is no controversy. It would be nice if he makes the Klitschko that he fights take Olympic style drug testing too.
                    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 03-21-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X