No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    I'm with you, I don't see Marquez competing with many welterweights not named Pacman. Marquez just knows him, can read him like a book. Eveyone else overwhelms him with size & strength.
    He could easily hang with Malignaggi.

Comment

• With people giving so much praise to floyd for fighting this much smaller guy, I hope they stay consistent and give Vladimir Klitschko his rightfully deserved props, for using his excellent boxing techniques and not just overwhelming them with his size.

But I seriously doubt it.

Comment

• I don't see how people think Marquez couldn't "hang" with Kell Brook, Paulie Malignaggi, Robert Guerrero, Timothy Bradley, or Devon Alexander???

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          He didn't weigh in against Cotto, Hatton, Marquez. He did against Mosley, Oscar, and Ortiz. I believe he was like 148-149 against Mosley and he was 150 against Ortiz and Oscar.

Mayweather has a long reach, a big advantage for him, good thing there isn't reach classes.

I'm saying that One87 or whatever was saying Broner weighing in around 147 means he should be fighting there, well than most 147 fighters should be at 154 really, most 140 fighters should be at 147 really. And his boy Alvarez weighs around 168 or so on fight night, so he should be a Super Middleweight already. But no, he wouldn't say that.
          People like to claim that Mayweather is some huge guy.

His 30 and 7 day weights and his fights at 154 are proof positive that the guy is never above 151.

Floyd's fight night weight is 150 pounds. Floyd is no bigger than Guerrero or Khan. Floyd's fight night weight was less than Hatton.

Comment

• Floyd-JMM.....the vast size difference mattered.

Floyd-Sergio.....the vast size difference doesn't matter. The better man will win that night if it ever happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
              He could easily hang with Malignaggi.
              Juan Manuel Marquez beats Malignaggi. At 140 or 147.

Paulie had trouble with Baby Bull ferchrissakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                I don't see how people think Marquez couldn't "hang" with Kell Brook, Paulie Malignaggi, Robert Guerrero, Timothy Bradley, or Devon Alexander???
                These guys sure he has a chance and would be favored against some but guys like Berto, Ortiz not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                  These guys sure he has a chance and would be favored against some but guys like Berto, Ortiz not so much.
                  Berto is heading to 154 anyway.

Ortiz may prove to be too big, but I wouldn't count Marquez out at all. Lopez was finding Ortiz, and though Ortiz was ahead by 2-3 rounds when the fight was stopped because if his jaw, Lopez proved he could hang with Victor Ortiz.

So if Lopez could survive big punches from Ortiz at 147 and tag Ortiz enough to win 3-4 rounds, what's so say Marquez couldn't survive Ortiz' punches and counter him enough to win a decision???

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    So, all that pee-drinking and quail egg-eating and high-altitude mountain running?

JMM took the Mayweather fight seriously. Don't disrespect the man. He trained his butt off for that fight.

JMM is a pro. He takes every fight seriously. We all watched the 24/7.
                    I'm sure he trained hard for the fight. But this was his first time going up that high, and he didn't have that new conditioning trainer that he had for the Pac fight. Just look at the pics of him from the May vs. Pac fights and you can see in the Pac fight he looks very strong and harder, in the May one he looked as big but soft and bloated up.

Believe me, he had a pretty good idea going into that fight he was going to be very disadvantaged (he is a very smart man) and his big hope was that Mayweather wasn't going to be as sharp coming off a layoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      I sure as hell did.
                      Did you know that Floyd Mayweather's lead hook was thrown from a distance? or wait, because Mayweather's an in-fighter, that lead hook was thrown while he was already on the inside.

Comment

Working...
                      X