No announcement yet.

Carl Froch: "Dereck Chisora is a disgrace to boxing"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch: "Dereck Chisora is a disgrace to boxing"

Looks like the UK Boxers arent sticking up for one of their own.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17090528

Dereck Chisora is a disgrace to boxing and does not have much of a future in the sport, according to former two-time British world champion Carl Froch.

The 28-year-old brawled with fellow British heavyweight David Haye at the post-fight conference after Saturday's defeat by Vitali Klitschko .

"Chisora has no class and is a disgrace to the sport," Froch told BBC Sport. "He should have kept his backside on the seat and ignored David Haye. He has been disgraceful from start to finish."

Chisora was consequently arrested and questioned by Munich police following the incident with Haye, before later being released without charge. The city's police also said they were still searching for Haye, who was not present at his hotel when they sought to question him on Sunday morning.
    Use accessible player and disable flyout menus

The scuffle was the third controversial incident involving Chisora to occur in two days in Munich.

The first was on Friday when he slapped Klitschko at the weigh-in, and then, moments before the fight, he spat water in the face of his opponent's brother Wladimir inside the ring.

This has not put boxing in a good light," added Froch, who twice won the WBC super-middleweight title .

"I place full blame on Chisora. From start to finish, the way he's conducted himself. Haye was just there to try to get the fight [confirmed] with Klitschko.

"Haye did what he needed to do to get his fight promoted. Some will say he has taken some unorthodox angles to sell fights."

Froch, 34, believes that boxing will recover despite admitting its image being damaged by Saturday's post-fight antics.

"It's not ideal," he continued. "But in football we've had the race attacks [racial abuse incidents], but it doesn't mean we're going to stop watching football.

"This one post-fight incident is not going ruin boxing, although it's not going to put it in good light."

Chisora took Klitschko the distance and Froch believes the London-based fighter may end up meeting Haye, who does not have a licence, in the ring if the British Boxing Board of Control allows it.

But the Nottingham fighter was keen to add that he does not think Chisora has much of a future in boxing.

"He went 12 rounds with Vitali but I don't think he won more than one or two rounds. I don't think he's got much of a future to be honest. It's not that great an achievement," said Froch.

Ones english the other is african

Comment

Of course he is siding with Haye, he's got his big nose up Haye's a$$.

Comment

i agree.......

Comment

Froch is good mates with Haye, so course he's gonna side with him!

Comment

Froch and Haye have been close since way back.

Comment

"He went 12 rounds with Vitali but I don't think he won more than one or two rounds. I don't think he's got much of a future to be honest. It's not that great an achievement," said Froch.

LOL he hardly won a round either when he got embarassed by Ward. He's mad Chisora's idiocy in the past 24 hours has made him more popular than Froch will ever be. He's got a track record of hating other British fighters (see Calzaghe and Khan) and has his head so far up Haye's ass, he can't see the sunlight.

Comment

froch is right, haye's WWE antics to sell fights are harmless and funny, chisora's fake thug mentality is no good for anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamza305 View Post

LOL he hardly won a round either when he got embarassed by Ward. He's mad Chisora's idiocy in the past 24 hours has made him more popular than Froch will ever be. He's got a track record of hating other British fighters (see Calzaghe and Khan) and has his head so far up Haye's ass, he can't see the sunlight.
                  feel bad for Froch but this is the truth.

Comment

Chisora is a ticking bomb! One day he will go completly nuts and will end up like ike ibeabuchi...

Comment

Working...
                    X