Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Price vs. Tony Thompson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting fight, we will know ehre Rice is after this fight. David should be knocking Tony out inside 10 rounds. He needs to be careful for the first few rounds, use his jab well to keep tony off guard

Comment

Just a waste of a fight date, Thompson is done and was done a long time ago. Having said that, this is Price's first fight of 2013 and he is still a contender. I don't mind it as long as his next fight is 2 months or so after this once and he fights a properly ranked opponent. By the end of the year he should have been in the ring against at least on of the following guys: Helenius, Pulev, Chisora, Adamek, Boystov or Arreola.

Comment

Price by KO.
        Can't really see any other conclusion.
        It's a step up in class but Price really needs to look at tougher opponents this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Thompson is 40 years old. That's the third one in a row.

Thompson is old but still might have too much for price

If price survives this one he need to step up soon, but I fear a devastating ko loss is fast approaching
          Only two people on earth can possibly beat Price right now, and none of them are over age 37.

Comment

Price by brutal ko

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
              Only two people on earth can possibly beat Price right now, and none of them are over age 37.
              Well the following:

Cammarale
              Stivene
              Helenius
              Pulev
              Anonymous chinaman

all stopped Price before, and i bet they'd do it again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Well the following:

Cammarale
                Stivene
                Helenius
                Pulev
                Anonymous chinaman

all stopped Price before, and i bet they'd do it again soon.
                I really want to see if Price can take a clean shot. Its a shame we've had to wait so long. I doubt Thompson will put up much, so we may have to wait a little longer.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  I really want to see if Price can take a clean shot. Its a shame we've had to wait so long. I doubt Thompson will put up much, so we may have to wait a little longer.
                  I'm not sure with thompson.

On the face of it, take away the two Wlad fights and nobody else has troubled thompson, so if he come in thinking "i beat this guy, im back in the mix for another title shot" maybe he can make it interesting

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    I've seen Price take a clean shot and he went a bit wobbly.

I'm amazed no one knows this.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      I've seen Price take a clean shot and he went a bit wobbly.

I'm amazed no one knows this.
                      I've seen him hit many times and go down many times, I know it was as an amateur, but he was still a grown man and it was too many times to discount.

People saying "can he take a shot" no. No he can't, I'll answer that right now and let there be no surprises, he has a glass chin of Amir Khan proportions.

Only question is can he defend it.

Me personally I see him getting laid out soon, if not by Thompson it'll be within 3 fights, then hell have to rebuild and make defensive improvements, that's when it'll be interesting to follow him, not now whilst he's a ticking time bomb.

Comment

Working...
                      X