No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek Rips Cunningham, Discusses The Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adamek Rips Cunningham, Discusses The Rematch

I had my fourth fight of the year. The fight with Steve Cunningham in Bethlehem went down in history. I won, but not to my or my fans satisfaction. My fans were not happy. The reporters mainly showed the negative side of the fight. I read articles where there was negativity but also a lot of praise based on my performance. The judges verdict was like a huge snowball, which rolled from the U.S. to Poland and got more comments on the internet. There was the opportunity to stick it to Adamek. And it doesn't matter here that that was my 50th fight in the ring. I won 48 and lost only 2. Only a few reporters wrote something about the fight that was worth reading.

[Click Here To Read More]

Ademek got his ears boxed off!

Comment

Props to Tomasz Adamek - he's a ring warrior and a credit to the sport.

I scored it 115-113 for Adamek, same as Harold Lederman.

He looked somewhat slower and I thought he was a bit overweight, but he won because Cunningham ran too much and didn't do enough in most rounds. Adamek carried the fight to him, landing the cleaner, more effective punches.

Comment

Close fight

Adamek won my card at 115-113...I gave Cunningham the 10 & 12th but his running in the 11th instead of engaging could have been the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Props to Tomasz Adamek - he's a ring warrior and a credit to the sport.

I scored it 115-113 for Adamek, same as Harold Lederman.

He looked somewhat slower and I thought he was a bit overweight, but he won because Cunningham ran too much and didn't do enough in most rounds. Adamek carried the fight to him, landing the cleaner, more effective punches.
          Exactly! I'm a fan of both but I hate it when motherfuckers run. Even if it's my favorite boxer doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Exactly! I'm a fan of both but I hate it when motherfuckers run. Even if it's my favorite boxer doing it.
            I agree with both of you. People on here are insane.

Comment

It was definitely a close fight that could have gone either way, which is why Adamek does not deserve all of this critizism because he did a great job as well, they both put up a good fight.

Comment

Props to Adamek for this letter. He answered some of the criticisms people have voiced about his performance without being a baby about it. I thought Cunningham won but definitely respect Adamek for taking the time to write this.

Comment

115-113 Adamek.

Comment

I was there ringside and had 8 rounds for Adamek. I was laughing that Cunningham was celebrating when it was over. I couldn't believe it when buffer announced a draw...then was happy when they corrected it. Adamek was the aggressor and at no point wasn't in control. The rounds Cunningham won were rounds he landed effective counters. He never followed up on those counters with combos of his own. He continued boxing casually like he was playing a pick up basketball game. He won 4 rounds fair and square. some judges like countering and playing the human fencing game, but most like aggression-hence Adamek won. Go watch Olympic boxing if you like cunninghams style. Id never pay to see that crap again. I think these guys do better than they were expecting to do and somehow think that entitles them to a win. Crazy...

Comment

Working...
                    X