Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what will it take for boxing fans to raise hell over decisions like yesterdays?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing fans can't do **** but talk **** on forums. Nothing else gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      it's a good thing bud...the silver lining in this debacle

now both Timmy and Cotto have to drop that angle in winning and just go balls out in their fights

you give a fighter a KO or Bust mentality and you're guaranteed excitement
      We've reached the point were judges (at least in bigger fights) are just for show. Why pretend they're necessary? Do away with them already, I say. Then again, even that might not be the solution. I wouldn't put it past these animals to give the win to the guy lying unconscious on the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
        Boxing fans can't do **** but talk **** on forums. Nothing else gonna happen.
        period...........

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          i dont expect timmy to last in a 12 round slugfest...but it should would be fun to watch

BTW- wasn't 24/7 last night? you know this robbery is a serious thing when the floyd f@gs are talkin about this instead of what Floyd was eating at his house
          They'll kick in tomorrow. They can't go more than a day.

Comment

Basically, don't pay for the fights involving fighters who have been awarded robbery decisions. I realize it is not the fighters fault (although if Rios was truly honorable he would acknowledge the loss, but no one does that these days).

I enjoy Pacquiao's fights so I will continue to watch them, but I won't pay for them, just stream it. Maybe if enough people do this then the promoters will realize people won't pay for bull****.

But I think it will just continue to be corrupt as **** and we will keep watching and shaking our heads because at times it is an amazing sport

Comment

NOTHING! Promoters, Managers, even Boxers...knows that Today's Boxing fans are all TALK...especially the ones on the internet and on these Boxing Forums who b!tch and complain about everything and threaten to boycott and not buy PPV's...but yet you watch all the fights by Free Stream and you don't go to any fights anyway...so your b!tching and complaining is simply to try and influence others I guess

but the Casual Fans who do spend their money on PPV's and Tickets, most of them are not on these forums, so your just b!tching to other fans who watch most Boxing PPV Fights by Free Stream just like you...so our opinions means absolutely NOTHING and it holds no Power or Value! Despite some who think they are are making some type of an impact
              Last edited by sicko; 04-15-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                NOTHING! Promoters, Managers, even Boxers...knows that Today's Boxing fans are all TALK...especially the ones on the internet and on these Boxing Forums who b!tch and complain about everything and threaten to boycott and not buy PPV's...but yet you watch all the fights by Free Stream and you don't go to any fights anyway...so your b!tching and complaining is simply to try and influence others I guess

but the Casual Fans who do spend their money on PPV's and Tickets, most of them are not on these forums, so your just b!tching to other fans who watch most Boxing PPV Fights by Free Stream just like you...so our opinions means absolutely NOTHING and it holds no Power or Value! Despite some who think they are are making some type of an impact
                I understand your argument but your angle, even if true, is so defeatist. You're basically saying hey, don't bet on fights, don't score fights and don't root for any fighter. In fact, be totally emotionless and have no favorite/cheer no one on because it's futile and that's just the way things are buddy. I think there's has to be some other way of thinking and going about the situation. Obviously doing nothing about it won't change the results we've been getting. That's not being smart at all. Something has to be done to change the circumstances that allow these shenanigans to go on, and it's not "nothing".

Comment

Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post
                  I mean, what will it take? What will it take for us fans to finally say, "that's it! I'm not supporting the sport ANYMORE! I'm tired of being bamboozled out of my hard earned money with fixed fights!" ???

Because as far as I'm concerned, for a lot of fans, that has already happened in the last year quite a few times. Seems like we just don't mind it enough to speak up or take action. I think a lot of people were truly disappointed with the Pacquiao-Marquez decision and feel like disgruntled fans after it. But what about Williams-Lara? Or last nights atrocity?

My two questions are;

1. What will it take? Are the fans, commentators and journalist finally going to speak out when Mayweather loses to Pacquiao or vice versa in a super dee duper gift decision that's so blatantly clear like last nights? Like, would it have to take a huge platform/match like that for people to wake up?

2. What can we actually and reasonably do about it? I mean, it's just one more sport in the industry. And I find it hard to think that people will stop ordering ppv's being that boxing is such a limited televised sport. When there's an opportunity to catch it, it's difficult for us fans to not watch. We can't like, Occupy Top Rank.....can we?

What say you, Non Stop Boxers?
                  Here you go. The Nevada Boxing Commission info is somewhere in there.
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=544802

And this also:
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=542359

Comment

Erislandy Lara

Comment

Working...
                    X