Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy in jail for not paying child support on a kid that isn't his, say what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why I don't **** around with girls who have kids. I'll never have that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
      http://blog.chron.com/momhouston/201...ho-is-not-his/
      A new state law that says men don’t have to pay child support for children proven to not be theirs has come too late for one Houston man.

KHOU is reporting Ray Thomas must pay $52,000 in support of a girl DNA tests has proven is 100 percent not his biological child. You can see his interview with the television station here:

Men, if you believe you’re not the biological father of a child you’ll want to act fast to clear that up.

The change to the Texas Family Code allows men who are listed as fathers without the confirmation of DNA tests to protest their paternity. If the test proves they are not the father the court will issue an order of termination.

However, the termination order will only eliminate any future child support payments. Men who find themselves victims of mistaken paternity will still be responsible for any past child support orders.

Men have until September 1, 2012, to file for the petition regardless of when they became aware they were not the father. After that date a man will have just one year from the date he found out he was not the father to file the petition.

The law does not apply to adoptive fathers or those who participated in assisted reproduction/gestational agreements.
      only in america...what a joke!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
        That's why I don't **** around with girls who have kids. I'll never have that problem.
        neil young said it best in a song...welfare mothers make better lovers. yes i agree i dated a few single moms & it was a nightmare! i will never play the daddy role if it is not my kid. if you marry them then they are you responsibility. if it's not my kid then i don't want to hear the you are not my dad, etc. each to their own i guess. some guys don't mind but i won't do it again...

Comment

He listed himself as the legal father without asking the courts for a DNA tests it seems

Then he missed payments and had a DNA test and doesnt want to pay the past payments he owed

All his fault

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
            That makes no sense pertaining to this story

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
              Every government has some form of taxation to fund the military and provide services the citizens need. What's surprising is the clear bias against men by the courts in domestic cases. Proves that feminism isn't about equality but about enslaving men. If it were really about equality women would protest this bastardization of justice.
              Not at all. Look at it this way: A guy gets a woman pregnant then ditches her. He refuses to pay child support. The options are twofold: Either the state (you and me and every taxpayer) pays for the child, or the mother is forced into poverty with the father getting away scott free. Now in this scenario you have a rule which allows the named father to dispute paternity. All well and good. Now what happens if they say "Hey, I paid for someone else's kid for the last five years, I want that money back!". Who pays? Answer is nobody pays. Should got tested earlier if you had doubts.

This is an unusual situation: This guy is basically asking for his money back but it's money he never paid even though he was supposed to. He's been jailed for non-payment of child support he owes because if he had paid it he wouldn not be eligible to have it returned to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                That makes no sense pertaining to this story
                i... didnt read the story

Comment

thats ridiculous

Comment

I don't agree with the law, but the idea behind is well intended.

The reasoning is that women don't pursue the biological father and they rely on the father figure. Because time has passed by the time the the father figure determines he's not the father, it would be difficult for the mother to obtain support from the biological father whoever that might be. They rather have the child be supported than send the mother on a hunt for the biological father.

Comment

I be trying to tell people about Texas. That mom would have to be a crack whore prostitute for her not to get child support or her kid taken away and given to the dad. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X