Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares To Donaire: I'll Fight on 4/13, Send Your Counter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
    Donaire better not fight Darchinyan instead of Rigo or Mares April 13
    I really don't think Arum will make the fight with Darchinyan cause of all the media coverage and pressure Mares and GBP is putting on them. Donaire vs Darchinyan would be killed by everyone in boxing. Would be a extremely bad look on his part and with Manny losing like he did and Burgos being robbed on a Top Rank card last week or so. I don't think Arum even wants to deal with the backlash that fight would bring.
    Last edited by tredh; 01-30-2013, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      You really don't know squat about the Boxing business. The PROMOTER is the one who choses the opponent, the site location, and other details....it is in the contract. Once again, who the hell do you think puts up the money and takes the financial risk??? Get a damn clue!

yeah, clearly i don't know.

The promoter provides possible opponents to which a fighter has input. The more established the fighter is, the more his opinion and decision is taken into consideration.

I'm not calling Nonito a duck, although he could very well be, but he is at the point in his career where his decisions have weight. I've always maintained though that Arum is the biggest problem in the sport.

The list of fights that haven't happened because of that old piece of shit is long and unfortunate for the sport.
      Last edited by p4p-champ; 01-30-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
        In the end it is always Arum
        It's always Arum BRAH!!! He's the reason that Pac/May never happened. And he's still the reason that Donaire/Mares isn't happening now! I don't know, maybe Arum thinks that Donaire/Mares needs more stewing time; to build up more anticipation and hence more money. Because you have to admit, besides for the aforementioned debacle of PAC/May fight - Donaire/Mares is one of the most anticipated fights of 2013. At least for the diehard boxing fans; the lay public havn't heard of both Donaire and Mares. Hopefully, the Donaire/Rigondeux fight happens in April; then Donaire/Mares in September/October. F_ck! A boxing fan can hope can't he!

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
          I really do don't think Arum will make the fight with Darchinyan cause of all the media coverage and pressure Mares and GBP is putting on them. Donaire vs Darchinyan would be killed by everyone in boxing. Would be a extremely bad look on his part and with Manny losing like he did and Burgos being robbed on a Top Rank card last week or so. I don't think Arum even wants to deal with the backlash that fight would bring.
          The Arce fight was bad enough Arum would be stupid to make Donaire Darchinyan now.We know the Mares fight isn't happening and Rigo is supposed to be next for Donaire but Arum is a known liar so its possible the Darchinyan fight can happen

Comment

smh

Robert (BOB) Arum is Giving boxing a black eye smh

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              This definitely seals a Nonito-Rigo fight, Arum now is in a place between rock or a hard place and we shall finally get Nonito-Rigo.
              Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              Yup, who would've thought right? I'm glad Mares and GBP did this cause now Arum's forced to put on a real opponent with Nonito. Hopefully we'll get the winner of this with Mares late in the year.
              Arum had a hand in not making the biggest fight of recent times..... You really think "pressure" made him make the Donaire-Rigo (which isn't a sure thing yet) fight

Comment

Man, if Donaire ended up taking the fight with Vic, it would be next to impossible to stay a fan. I'd like to see: 1) Rigo, 2) Mares, 3) Someone other than Vic.

Comment

I'd rather see Donaire-Mares, but considering how many people thought Donaire was ducking Rigondeaux that's a perfectly acceptable fight to have beforehand.

Afterwards though, the winner needs to get in a ring with Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                    The list of fights that haven't happened because of that old piece of shit is long and unfortunate for the sport.
                    Thats the only real truth for people when it comes to ducking. 99% of the time, fighters dont duck, the Promoters chose a different opponent. ARUM is to blame when the lower quality matchups are made instead of the best. This is why you almost always hear when a fighter is asked about fighting a specific fighter, the will say "It's up to my Promoter....I'll fight whoever they tell me to fight". That is not some scapegoat, it is the truth. Promoters want their fighters to feel they have input but they really do not. Otherwise a Promoter would say "Go ahead, pick whoever you want to fight, as long as you are putting up the money". It's in the contract, the Promoter choses the opponent.
                    Last edited by richardt; 01-30-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                      Man, if Donaire ended up taking the fight with Vic, it would be next to impossible to stay a fan. I'd like to see: 1) Rigo, 2) Mares, 3) Someone other than Vic.
                      So that means you wouldn't be a fan of Rigo's then too going by that, because it is not Donaire or Rigo who pick their next opponent, it is Arum, pure and simple so throw the disaproval toward Arum, not the fighters. HE is the one who choses the opponent, not the Fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X