No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Brandon Rios Grinding For Alvarado Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Brandon Rios Grinding For Alvarado Rematch

Oxnard,Calif. --- Former Lightweight champion Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios works out with trainer Robert Garcia for his upcoming exciting rematch against Mike Alvarado of their 2012 Fight of the Year-nominated fight. Rios-Alvarado II will take place, Saturday, March 30 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nev. Promoted by Top RankŪ, in association with Tecate, this Junior Welterweight championship rumble will be televised live on HBO Boxing After DarkŪ. --- Photos by Chris Farina/Top Rank. [Click Here To Read More]

Another Bam Bam KO; Alvarado won't have had the time to improve enough to defeat Rios. He was bigger, strnog and still lost. Sadly for him, he has no defense, and Rios has massively underrated defense. It may have escaped the notice of a lot of fans - many people seemed to see Rios losing the first fight before he hurt Alvarado in the 6th - but Alvarado was in trouble very early on. He was fighting at up to 147 punches a round just to keep it competitive; unsustainable. Rios never had trouble landing and didn't have to blow a gasket just to do so.

Comment

Bam Bam Rios was born a ****ing warrior. Rios vs Bradley is the fight I want to see.

Comment

I'd like to see pacquiao vs rios, I think it would be a real fan friendly bout. And would sell well... Considering pacmans history with Hispanic fighters and fans.

Comment

Come and try to knock down this tree, phukker!!

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
            Another Bam Bam KO; Alvarado won't have had the time to improve enough to defeat Rios. He was bigger, strnog and still lost. Sadly for him, he has no defense, and Rios has massively underrated defense. It may have escaped the notice of a lot of fans - many people seemed to see Rios losing the first fight before he hurt Alvarado in the 6th - but Alvarado was in trouble very early on. He was fighting at up to 147 punches a round just to keep it competitive; unsustainable. Rios never had trouble landing and didn't have to blow a gasket just to do so.
            You sound stupid. Alvarado wins a wide decision if he keeps the fight on the outside. Alverado was making Rios look like a clown on the outside. Awful defense. If Alvarado boxes on the outside and clinches on the inside it will be an easy victory actually. Alvarado underestimated rios inside ability, he won't this time around.

Comment

Wheres Elie Seckbach lol, Elie probably fcked Brandon's girl and thats why his all butt hurt

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                You sound stupid. Alvarado wins a wide decision if he keeps the fight on the outside. Alverado was making Rios look like a clown on the outside. Awful defense. If Alvarado boxes on the outside and clinches on the inside it will be an easy victory actually. Alvarado underestimated rios inside ability, he won't this time around.
                I call bull****.

He couldn't keep Rios off him before, and won't be able to do so again. 147 punches in the 5th. That's what you need to know.

So your answer is holding? Let's see how long the ref lets him do that.

The real answer is 1) head movement and 2) foot movement, of which Alvarado has neither. You can only keep a fight at distance if you have the skills to hit and move, and Alvarado has never once shown that and he didn't in the first fight.

Perhaps you should stick to talking about something else other than boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaotard86 View Post
                  I'd like to see pacquiao vs rios, I think it would be a real fan friendly bout. And would sell well... Considering pacmans history with Hispanic fighters and fans.
                  Too bad Bob doesn't make fights we want to see. Because if we did, we wouldn't have to watch Pac/Marquez for a fifth time

Comment

I like Rios vs Peterson next, that would be some slugfest!

Comment

Working...
                    X