Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather ever fight an opponent we really want him to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
    Again they hadn't won a fight in years WHEN Pac fought them. Do we say Trevor Berbick is an ATG because he beat Ali? No. Why? Because Ali was shot to **** and hand't won a fight in nearly 3 years. Sound familiar? Clottey? Margarito? Mosley?

The Cotto win is Pac's best win and I don't knock it outside of the cowardly catchweight when Pac had ALREAY fought at 147 vs Hoya.

However Cotto in 2009 doesn't hold any weight when it's 2013 and Pac's ONLY relevant WW win vs a WW IS Cotto (at a catch weight).
    Clottey kicked Zab's ass prior to going close with Cotto (winning per FMJ).

DLH was not a legit welter, and Pac had 0 intention of moving up to welter when he got the offer. Beating DLH sure didn't make him a legit WW. Again the CW takes away a little credit for Cotto, but not much. I never hear anyone putting down Ortiz' win over Berto over the CW, and that's the only top 10 win he's ever had.

Put it this way: Pac first asked for his 1st CW in his 7th weight. I'd give Floyd huge credit for taking on Sergio or even any MW titlist at 158, in his 6th. Even CW haters like Bushbaby would! I'd even give him credit for Sergio at 154, bit that's really what he should be willing to do as #1 rated 2x champ at 154.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
      You are dumb aren't you....

Show me where "I" Claim that. Actually how about you comprehend what it means when I post "most respectable boxing websites" claim that.

Now carry on like a good little child.
      Wow u are unbelievable Wess. I can't stop laughing please stop I'm about to piss my pants due to laughter! Ha Man U Floyd fans are just as pathetic as PAC fans hahahhahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        Wow u are unbelievable Wess. I can't stop laughing please stop I'm about to piss my pants due to laughter! Ha Man U Floyd fans are just as pathetic as PAC fans hahahhahahahaha
        WTF bro aren't you one of those pathetic Pac Fans? Judging from your previous posts I would say you are.

Comment

• Until Floyd loses he hasn't fought anybody you wanted to see him fight.

Comment

• Not a Floyd fan at all, but

I always wanted to see him fight Cotto, and he did, and he went toe to toe and won a rough fight, and regained a little of the respect I had lost for him over the years, as I USED to be a Floyd fan. The Guerrero fight might actually be tougher for him than the Cotto fight was.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              :AYWOoD: PAC ducked Mosley heeheeeeeeee funny! Umm do you remember PAcquiao was moving up from 130lbs Doing it the correct way as well. By fighting bigger fighters ....lets test the waters...
              Diaz...destroyed him
              DLH...made him quit. No Mas! Said Manny was to much!
              Ricky...At his weight. Destroyed and sent him into retirement. And near suiside!
              Cotto...Should have been Clottey being Most thought Clottey beat Cotto.
              Clottey...because most thought he beat Cotto. And he was a tough big sob
              Margarito... Shook off the ring rust won a bout. Manny Wrecked him! Way bigger
              SSM...Finally. Beat him to where he wanted to quit. Floyd couldn't do that!

Why didnt he fight SSM? Only a moron cant see why. He was moving up. WTF do think Mannys been a natural WW his whole career? LOL You got to know more about the sport before you get on a forum and make yourself look dumb!
              I know I know youre a Floyd fan...so i gotta take that in consideration. Hang in there kid!
              You idiot , more like draining bigger guys and refusing to fight them at their weight , your 130 fighter was stepping in the ring at 144-7 lol , I have never seen such a manipulating posturing fighter in history , your to big Cotto you got to be 145 , and your too small Juan you got to be 147 , your a hype whore living in fantasy land and you swallowed the CWs just like a good little ******ed fan should , Bob would be proud of you , in a normal person something should have hit home the second your hero got face planted by a guy Floyd toyed with , but nope your still going on about pure BS , you kids are in total denial .

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                I recall many Floyd fanboys urging Pac to fight Sergio so stop kidding yourself that Floyd is unique or something, you are so deluded.
                Pacs beat a ton of guys he favourite against cos Pac is great, and he fights a lot of these tough challenges regulary and not take long breaks like Floyd. Bigg Dunn you knew i would reply like this so why leave yourself open? Its no big deal Floyd beating challengers as he dont do it often!!!!!!!!!

You really are a butt hurt Floyd fan arent you with all this critiscm floyd gets, and you deal with it by menioning Pac being Ko'ed every post you make, like your scared people will forget it You are so happy Pac lost, in the hope Floyd gets the credit for JMM beating Pac arent you. Dont be deluded once again. Also Floyd dont have to fight pac now does he you are so greatful. Also no matter how many times you mention Pac being koed by JMM it wont stop Pac being more highly regarded historically compared to Floyd.
                Pac fights, that what fans like about fighters, not boxers who fight as less as they can get away with to protect their zero.
                i am not happy manny lost. I am happy that he lost the way he did because I personally have been arguing on NSB for years that manny's style and the way he drops his hands when pressing for a KO would be his downfall.

the fact is both manny opponenets have more name value than floyds but they are still the same 3-1 and 4-1 underdogs as floyd's opponents. so as I've maintained the risk is equal.

as for this thread, floyd has fought who you and others have asked for only when he beats them you then have to justify why your guy lost.

why would i need floyd to get credit for JMM KTFO manny? thats ******ed. Manny struggling with JMM , the 2nd best counter puncher on the planet, over the course of 4 fights, validates everything I've ever said about manny. would I have rather it been floyd, of course. But I know that Bob's matchmakers are in the HOF for a reason. So if JMM can outbox him and Morales can outbox him, its not a stretch for anyone to think a man Manny's promoter once said was the continuation in the line of SRR, Ali, and SRL, would outbox him. as such, bob keeps him away from floyd.

7 years still waiting and still hating.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                    Like who????

Please list the names and exactly when he shouldve fought them and over who.

Go.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    The ridiculously high standards Floyd set for himself through his performances against top 10 opposition for 15 years, makes it impossible for fans to actually sit down and think "Wait a minute, this is actually a good opponent".

What people don't realize is that. it's not that they don't think Floyd's opponents are good, it's that they don't think the match is good, because of how good Floyd is.

It's like Roy Jones fighting guys like McCallum, Gonzalez, Hill, R. Johnson, Harding, Sosa, Del Valle, Griffin etc These guys were VERY good, really good fighters. Unfortunately you see NOBODY, or very few "Boxing fans" actually mention these fighters as good wins for Roy Jones Jr. Even his wins over Hopkins and Toney have some excuses behind it.

This is exactly what is happening to Floyd. His opposition would be seen as ATG-career-creating-wins for any other fighter, as seen by Pacquiao beating DLH, Hatton, Marquez, and Cotto and getting massive amounts of praise for it but Floyd fought old, shot, and small fighters.
                    Your love for floyd is so strong i literally feel gayer everytime i read your posts.

back to the topic at hand, i completely agree with the original post.

i was a big floyd fan back in the day but he never fights the fights i want to see. Why do you think so many boxing fans dont like him?

Comment

• Every time he does fight someone people want him to, they make excuses for why he beat them after its over. Its a never ending cycle because of his personality

Comment

Working...
                      X