No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Seth Mitchell is Back in The Heavyweight Mix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Seth Mitchell is Back in The Heavyweight Mix

Barclays Center, Brooklyn - Seth Mitchell may have gotten even with Johnathan Banks in their heavyweight rematch, avenging his November 2012 defeat to the Detroiter, but this was probably not the way he wanted to win, taking a less than scintillating unanimous decision in a 12 rounder that was met with boos from start to finish.

Scores were 115-112, 117-109, and 114-112 in the NABO and WBC International heavyweight title fight. With the win, Mitchell moves to 26-1-1 with 19 KOs; Banks, who knocked Mitchell out in two rounds in their first bout, falls to 29-2-1 with 19 KOs. [Click Here To Read More]

Back in the mix my ass. You know this chump is gonna get KTFO everytime he steps up. Sorry.

Comment

He's crap and has a terrible chin.

Comment

that was one shit fight mitchell ain't going anywhere, awful chin, overated power and no skills. banks was a disgrace, don't know what was going through his head

Comment

Seth Mitchell is bum he will get ko'd in his next fight, Banks had this fight again in midway he kinda lost interest dunno why maybe he took a dive

Comment

Banks was in horrible shape for this fight

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
              that was one shit fight mitchell ain't going anywhere, awful chin, overated power and no skills. banks was a disgrace, don't know what was going through his head
              It was wierd. It was like midway through the fight he decided he didn't want to be a boxer any more and decided to coast the rest of it. He looked so disinterested and gave away almost the entire 2nd half of the fight. What a bizarre performance.

The only thing I can think of is that he was feeling the pace but putting a poker face on it; in which case his conditioning is horrible. There isn't an explanation that doesn't look bad for Banks.

Mitchell won and I don't blame him for not finishing strongly given he'd been wobbled a few times. However I really thought his best chance was to back Banks on to the ropes, taking away Banks' leverage on the shots he landed, whilst working the body. He did this in 8 and 9 and it seemed to work well - Banks was hating it. Had he done this for 12, he'd have stopped Banks IMHO. However Mitchell doesn't seem to have that natural boxer's instinct so spent a lot of the fight at a distance that really didn't suit him. Fortunately Banks was refusing to punch, so Mitchell got a decision off his jab.

Terrible fight.

Comment

horrible fight !

Comment

¿Mitchell back in the mix? These pics are the ONLY few times there was some sort of action in the fight..& the very FEW times Banks decided to throw punches & fight he would get in some good shots & he actually had Mitchell out on his feet 3 times & for some reason Banks decided to stop throwing & just started moving & holding & let Mitchell off the hook.. The rest of the fight was more of them two posing & Mitchell throwing & scoring here & there.. I have NO IDEA how Banks ended up landing more on the punch count.. But Mitchell won, but he won't get too far.. Well depending how far away is the hospital the next time he gets KO'd..

Comment

I want to see Mitchell vs WIlder. Battle of the hypejobs.

Comment

Working...
                    X