Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking PED revelations by T. Hauser. GBP, Mayweather, Quillin, Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by josenoway View Post
    That it wasn't an open-and-shut case and USADA treaded lightly in regards to to the Clenbuterol contamination claim by Morales. Don't forget WADA itself seems to substantiate the claim because in 2011 they cleared a group of Mexican soccer players who claimed contamination from Mexican meat but in 2012 did not clear Alberto Contador when he claimed Clenbuterol contamination from steaks bought in Spain.
    What do you mean by treaded lightly? If Clenbuterol is not a banned substance, they should remove it from their list. Otherwise forward the results to the commission and have them make the judgement, like the regional ADA did with the Mex team by involving WADA. In this case it appears the promoter made the judgement, which makes some sense given they wrote the contract.

Comment

• I don't think what we think or how we think about this whole thing matters. Now that these serious allegations are out there, I would think USADA and this whole thing will be investigated in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Maybe the rumour came from ex-con Victor Conte?

I'd have liked Hauser to elaborate on Conte's role with Berto and his positive test as well as the ethical problems with Conte working with professional athletes again.
        The writer says it's a whole drug testing "community" spreading the rumors. That's not just one person but an entire community devoted to testing are the ones spreading these rumors, It wouldn't be a surprise if Conte is one of them.

And as I said, This is a whole testing community spreading this according to the writer. That's good enough for me to say this is legit. If there is smoke there is fire.

Floyd your suppose to be cleaning up the sport. All your doing is vacation hiding then rinse. Must be hard when the trail is pointing at you lol
        Last edited by Spoon23; 11-21-2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Again, maybe they think limited disclosure is better than nothing, you gotta start somewhere. I think most testing advocates here would rather take a watered down version than nothing. Or they think that the risk to their reputation is very small, for several reasons. Lets see how they react to this.

Do you have any figures for this "chump change"? There is tons more money in boxing than in cycling or track, esp in the US, which I'm guessing is their jurisdiction.
          Chump change merely means they don't do many tests for boxing per year and they don't seem to be on the path to get a bunch more work per year, at best it is a slow increase. In terms of their overall budget what boxing does for them is minuscule, it is an area they could grow but I don't think they would kill them self over boxing.

To them reputation is everything that is about why they went after Lance and kept after him, they said he was doping and staked their reputation on getting their man. Anything to damage that is a big no-no because what is a drug testing agency that have a damaged reputation, it is a worthless if people think it is a sham so even the slightest hit is not something they want.

Comment

• Treaded lightly as in being extra careful. Not sure why that's hard to understand. WADA in 2011 made an exemption for Mexican soccer players who tested positive for clenbuterol due to claims of tainted Mexican meat. USADA was presented with a similar scenario in 2012 with Morales. The last thing anyone wants is for WADA and USADA to render 2 conflicting judgements - they're supposed to be on the same page. So USADA waited for definitive B sample positives, which they ultimately didn't get. So officially they cleared Morales. As for forwarding results to NYSAC, are you suggesting USADA didn't disclose the results to the commission? Because they did - to both fighters, GBP, and NYSAC. Ultimately, everyone, including NYSAC waited for USADA's final ruling. The fight went on. The end.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            What do you mean by treaded lightly? If Clenbuterol is not a banned substance, they should remove it from their list. Otherwise forward the results to the commission and have them make the judgement, like the regional ADA did with the Mex team by involving WADA. In this case it appears the promoter made the judgement, which makes some sense given they wrote the contract.

Comment

• Hauser is probably the most legit boxing writer out there. This guy must have done his research for it to take this long before letting his article out. Montoya wrote this up in May and Hauser followed up with the details 6 months later.

He has to have some legit sources to write this up, he is not a joe-blow boxing writer. His sources must have seen the test reports, either the technician who did the tests or an employee with the lab or USADA that had access to these test reports. I can't see him writing something that has any chance of being false, he just doesn't seem to be that kind of writer. The guy is very detail oriented.

Obviously these individuals are privy to privacy laws and do not want to be identified at this time or they will lose their jobs.

GBP and USADA seems to be too silent given the seriousness of these allegations. I expect something blowing over anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                Treaded lightly as in being extra careful. Not sure why that's hard to understand. WADA in 2011 made an exemption for Mexican soccer players who tested positive for clenbuterol due to claims of tainted Mexican meat. USADA was presented with a similar scenario in 2012 with Morales. The last thing anyone wants is for WADA and USADA to render 2 conflicting judgements - they're supposed to be on the same page. So USADA waited for definitive B sample positives, which they ultimately didn't get. So officially they cleared Morales. As for forwarding results to NYSAC, are you suggesting USADA didn't disclose the results to the commission? Because they did - to both fighters, GBP, and NYSAC. Ultimately, everyone, including NYSAC waited for USADA's final ruling. The fight went on. The end.
                I don't see an issue with conflicting judgements, esp since WADA said it will judge them on a case by case basis. Otherwise might as well strike it from the list of banned substances.

But according to the article, the B sample was available well in advance, however the commission was not notified of this. Are you sure you read it?

Then, on Friday (one day before the scheduled fight), Keith Idec revealed on BoxingScene.com that samples had been taken from Morales on at least three occasions. Final results from the samples taken on October 17th were not in yet. But both the “A” and “B” samples taken from Morales on October 3rd and October 10th had tested positive for Clenbuterol. In other words, Morales had tested positive for Clenbuterol four times.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Chump change merely means they don't do many tests for boxing per year and they don't seem to be on the path to get a bunch more work per year, at best it is a slow increase. In terms of their overall budget what boxing does for them is minuscule, it is an area they could grow but I don't think they would kill them self over boxing.
                  That's true, but it's apparently a hell of a lot more lucrative. Despite sprinters/Olympians doing year round testing, there's no chance the USOC or whoever is paying $100k (only available figure for USADA boxing?) for each skeet shooter or bob sledder, a small fraction of that maybe per year. I understand about economies of scale, not sure it adds up.

Comment

• Good read, these promoters really should have no say nor in any way shape or form be involved in how drug tests are conducted.

Why was Morales allowed to fight when he failed tests on the 3rd and the 10th? Simple, Golden Boy must have "forgotten" to tell the commission.

Comment

• Originally posted by lacson View Post
                      Hauser is probably the most legit boxing writer out there. This guy must have done his research for it to take this long before letting his article out. Montoya wrote this up in May and Hauser followed up with the details 6 months later.

He has to have some legit sources to write this up, he is not a joe-blow boxing writer. His sources must have seen the test reports, either the technician who did the tests or an employee with the lab or USADA that had access to these test reports. I can't see him writing something that has any chance of being false, he just doesn't seem to be that kind of writer. The guy is very detail oriented.

Obviously these individuals are privy to privacy laws and do not want to be identified at this time or they will lose their jobs.

GBP and USADA seems to be too silent given the seriousness of these allegations. I expect something blowing over anytime soon.
                      Hauser has been on Arum's payroll for several years now. It is no surprise he only brings up Golden Boy fighters. But I understand why Hauser is doing this, journalism is a dying profession and boxing is a dead sport, you have to feed your kids somehow, and sensationalism is the last frontier.

Comment

Working...
                      X