No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Referee Knew Botha Was Approached To Take a Dive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Referee Knew Botha Was Approached To Take a Dive

The referee of the Sonny Bill Williams-Frans Botha boxing bout says he was told about an alleged bribe offer before the fight.

The referee at the centre of the controversial Sonny Bill Williams-Frans Botha boxing bout has revealed he was told about an alleged bribe offer before the fight took place.

Williams defeated Botha on points to claim the WBA international heavyweight title in Brisbane on Saturday, a result which was initially questioned due to the late change in distance from 12 rounds to 10, although this proved only the start of the post-fight drama.

Botha has since alleged that he was offered $150,000 by Williams' manager Khoder Nasser to throw the contest.

[Click Here To Read More]

HA, what next?

Comment

The New Zealand media reported on this BEFORE the fight, then deleted the link and tried to cover it up.

I've got the hyperlink and Page title on my Facebook.

****ing pathetic

Comment

Sick... Lol

This is getting out of Hand.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          The New Zealand media reported on this BEFORE the fight, then deleted the link and tried to cover it up.

I've got the hyperlink and Page title on my Facebook.

****ing pathetic
          I saw it, now it's just a deleted article with the headline still in the url

Comment

Pay offs are done all the time...Taking dives have been around in the early years of Boxing and still remain to today! A lot of Cash in betting and odds can change everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
              Sick... Lol

This is getting out of Hand.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              Something has to be done, Australian boxing is a disgrace, Paul briggs took a dive against Danny Green a couple of years back.

Everything that goes on over there is always fishy, they always fight forthese bull**** ttitles on seedy looking shows.

If I was any overseas fighter I would never go there, it's a joke

Comment

If SBW is still boxing, fight Tua. You want a real event over there, Tua will bring in numbers. He'll also murder you in the first 2 rounds.
                Try switching rounds then

Comment

This is beyond farcical .

Comment

i think this **** is wide spread even in the states. to act like its just assies is just being blind. i bet there are a ton of heavyweights who do this just to pad there resume with first round knockouts you can take that to the bank

Comment

Working...
                    X