Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone please explain what the WBC is doing right now at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    I think it's clear that the promoters pay the sanctioning bodies to allow whatever fights they see fit.
    That's the only scenario I see fit for the situation at hand.

Sounds like we can't do a damn thing about it either. I don't even think the WBC has anyone over them monitoring the situation.

Oh well, I guess that answers that.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      The WBC is a joke.... does anybody even take them seriously?
      The WBC, at one point in time, was the most prestigious belt to get. Everyone would actually have to earn a shot at the belt and whoever had the WBC was the recognized champ in that division.

Somewhere along the way, things went sideways. I'm not sure specifically what point in time they went wrong.

Comment

I just want to see what bullshit rule will Sulaiman bring up to justify how Josesito Lopez deserves a shot at the 154 WBC title. The WBC 147 title, I would understand Lopez deserving that. At 154? There's Lara of course, and there's Kirkland, but he withdrew so that's not Canelo's fault. There's Bundrage and Trout.

The WBC can get away with murder, honestly. Look what they did with the Margarito-Pacquiao fight. Margarito was no where near the top 10 at JMW, and Pacquiao was a WW. But they undeservedly got the shot for the vacant 154 WBC title. At least in this fight, one is already holding the title, but it's still corrupt.

Comment

In this particular situation at 154, I think it's clearly golden boy screwing us over. The wbc is simply being payed by golden boy to fabricate the sanctions for ginger's fights. The wbc is selling their power to the highest bidder.

After all, Lara is a golden boy fighter & he's receiving the same treatment as Vanes. If golden boy wasn't so stuck on ginger they'd have made the fight with Lara.

Understand something, golden boy tried to force Kirkland to fight injured & threw him under the bus when he wanted more money to do so. That had nothing to do with the wbc. Also it was golden boy who searched out Ortiz after the Punisher got injured & Kirkland didn't sell himself for crumbs.

Comment

who gives a f%ck what any origination sanctioning body is doing. They all are corrupt and if you find yourself giving a shlt what theyre doing and why...you got issues. WBO IBF WBA WBC RING all of them can f%ck off!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              But there isn't someone that governs the WBC to keep them in line and make sure they're doing what they're suppose too?

If so, who?
              the godfather suliman, is the alpha and omega in the WBC

Comment

The WBC is the most horrific organization in a sport full of horrific organizations. Honestly, their belt means jack sh** anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X