Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When im older, i'm going to really encourage my kid to go to college.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When im older, i'm going to really encourage my kid to go to college.

Because my parents not only didn't encourage me to go but in fact tried to discourage me, the pricks!

They were all "you need to get out in the real world and start earning some money with only high school qualifications" (I added the italic part for dramatic effect)

Now, at age 24 i am finally going to college, and im like 6 years behind everyone else, in which i have been working menial jobs.

I honestly think my parents begrudged me going, because they couldn't go, but i'm going to break the chain, and really encourage my kids to get an education.

College sucks, tell him to go to the military

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
      Because my parents not only didn't encourage me to go but in fact tried to discourage me, the pricks!

They were all "you need to get out in the real world and start earning some money with only high school qualifications" (I added the italic part for dramatic effect)

Now, at age 24 i am finally going to college, and im like 6 years behind everyone else, in which i have been working menial jobs.

I honestly think my parents begrudged me going, because they couldn't go, but i'm going to break the chain, and really encourage my kids to get an education.
      College is always a good investment. And even though college isn't necessary to be successful in life - it is extremely beneficial.

Comment

Do it, 24 is a good age to start as well. You'll appreciate it more and make the most of it

Comment

Good for you Earl.

Comment

Within a few years, cellphones will give college seminars.

Comment

College is one of the best investments a person can make.

You need a college education if you want make a good living in this country.

Comment

It's funny, I have a master's, and my most successful friends either didn't go to college or dropped out.

One got lucky, and rode that wave, the other started a very successful business.

But unless you can think of a really good business idea or have a really marketable skill, it's probably a good idea to go.

I've always admired people who started something, something that they liked, and made money off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  It's funny, I have a master's, and my most successful friends either didn't go to college or dropped out.

One got lucky, and rode that wave, the other started a very successful business.

But unless you can think of a really good business idea or have a really marketable skill, it's probably a good idea to go.

I've always admired people who started something, something that they liked, and made money off of it.
                  entrepreneurship FTW

TBH, i did 5 years undergrad (double majored) and have 3 more years grad school before i earn the title Doctor...

and i think most degrees are a sham.... i hate the fact that there's so many bull**** careers/fields that require degrees... mostly... its not worth it, youc an learn more in the 4 years you'd spend in college, if you were in the field... its counter productive IN MOST CASES...

again

IMO

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

I feel the same way.

I went to college and have a great job but still envy those who made it big by starting their own ****.

I never had the skills or the guts for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X