No announcement yet.

Ask a Chicano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhiskeyBottle! View Post
    Why is it that Chimmychongas dont soak up liqour fast enough? And what mexican food whould you recommend to soak up liqour the fastest?
    You mean a great Mexican food for a hangover? We have a great seafood soup that is great for that, Caldo de camarones with lots of chile'. We also drink this thing called a "Sangrita" which is like a Mexican bloody Mary but with tequila, it will put you right back on track.

Originally posted by WhiskeyBottle! View Post
    Why does Chipotle's alway try and short you on the servings in the burrito bowl?
    Chipotle is the gringos version of burritos, not down with that. I like REAL Mexican cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      You mean a great Mexican food for a hangover? We have a great seafood soup that is great for that, Caldo de camarones with lots of chile'. We also drink this thing called a "Sangrita" which is like a Mexican bloody Mary but with tequila, it will put you right back on track.

Chipotle is the gringos version of burritos, not down with that. I like REAL Mexican cooking.
      A good buddy of mine and I always used to have menudo the next day after heavy drinking. I remember it doing the trick for a hangover. That or a mixture of beer and clamato. I used to like a bloody mary once and a while, esp with clamato, olive juice, fresh ground black pepper and tabasco, but I tried it once with tequila, didn't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        A good buddy of mine and I always used to have menudo the next day after heavy drinking. I remember it doing the trick for a hangover. That or a mixture of beer and clamato. I used to like a bloody mary once and a while, esp with clamato, olive juice, fresh ground black pepper and tabasco, but I tried it once with tequila, didn't like it.
        Yea I was going to say Menudo but I figured people wouldn't know what the fuk I was talking about. That mixture of beer and clamato is called a Michelada, they are delicious but the Sangrita I'm talking about is tomato juice, lime, chile and tequila....

My mouth just watered...

Comment

Yea I was going to say Menudo but I figured people wouldn't know what the fuk I was talking about. That mixture of beer and clamato is called a Michelada, they are delicious but the Sangrita I'm talking about is tomato juice, lime, chile and tequila....

My mouth just watered...
          Michelada huh? Cool. I see budweiser started selling that stuff already mixed. What do they call, I had it one time when it was really hot, I think it was beer and tonic water or something, in a large glass with salt on the rim?

Comment

For me personally, black beans. Even though the red beans are used a lot in Mexican cooking. Different states in Mexico cook different ways.

I think it's just that they are different. Mexicans view Chicanos as "not Mexican enough" and Chicanos view Mexicans from Mexico as immigrants who don't know the American culture.

For me we are all the same.
            but many of the Chicanos came from Mexico recently.

Comment

y did u guys took our joooobz?

Comment

As a white guy is it safe for me to eat at the mexican joint by my house none of them speak english,the food is great but they always look at me like i am scum of the earth.

Comment

Do you know why it is that Mexican even speaks Spanish?
                  Do you know what Mexicans original native language was and is?
                  How much do you know about Gaspar Yanga, Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    but many of the Chicanos came from Mexico recently.
                    The term "Chicano" is someone who is of Mexican descent that was born in the U.S...

Originally posted by Dro-Town View Post
                    y did u guys took our joooobz?
                    You can't do my job.

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                    As a white guy is it safe for me to eat at the mexican joint by my house none of them speak english,the food is great but they always look at me like i am scum of the earth.

HAhaha, you know what's funny. There's this Mexican restaurant that I go to that doesn't have a liquor license but they sell "us" beer. Once I saw this American couple walk in and they said they weren't allowed to sell beer...lol. They sell beer in a glass so you can't see what people are drinking. I felt bad but they thought they might open their mouthes and say something I imagine.

Originally posted by Horus View Post
                    Do you know why it is that Mexican even speaks Spanish?
                    Do you know what Mexicans original native language was and is?
                    How much do you know about Gaspar Yanga, Mexico?
                    Spanish conquered Mexico, that's why we have Spanish names and speak the language.

There are hundreds of Native Indian dialects spoken in Mexico to this day.

Don't know much about Gaspr Yanga but it's funny you bring that up because I recently posted a video about the history of the Afro-Mexican in the Hispanic lounge. I know he lead some rebellion back in the day but haven't gotten there yet in my research.

Comment

Why have I owned you every time? Is it because you dumb?

Comment

Working...
                      X