Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better dribbler, Ryan Giggs, Leo Messi, Arjen Robben...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
    1. Messi
    2. Robben

Giggs shouldn't even be mentioned with the likes of Lionel and Arjen .
    I disagree, Robben and Giggs are most definitely comparable......

Comment

Out of all the British players, Giggs is the most underrated, unlike Scholes, Giggs actually was up there with the very best, newer fans seem to think its a British biased thing with Giggs, its not, its just we grew up watching him ripping it up, you guys have seen the tail end of his career, trust me, Giggs was an exceptional player in his prime, up there with the best imo, he just never got the chance to grace a major championships like so many other players.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
        Out of all the British players, Giggs is the most underrated, unlike Scholes, Giggs actually was up there with the very best, newer fans seem to think its a British biased thing with Giggs, its not, its just we grew up watching him ripping it up, you guys have seen the tail end of his career, trust me, Giggs was an exceptional player in his prime, up there with the best imo, he just never got the chance to grace a major championships like so many other players.
        Scholes>Giggs>Keane>>Beckham

But what i midfield that was

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
          Scholes>Giggs>Keane>>Beckham

But what i midfield that was
          Giggs>Keane>Scholes>Beckham, thats my take.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            Giggs>Keane>Scholes>Beckham, thats my take.
            For all my Beckham bitterness that was my favourite Man U midfield to watch. Would have thought all that heart would rub off on Becks.

Back on track.

Messi> Giggs>>>>Robben(ex-Real )

Comment

1-3rd is close, beckham is a clear 4th to me, but i put Scholes 1st due to what the other players say about him, and how united always coped better without the others instead of scholes. United always struggled more without Scholes in the team rather than the other 3.

Comment

I like Robben, people overrate Messi dribbling, dont get me wrong Messi is unbelivable at everything but people only see his highlights of all the great dribbling, when he goes against a defender like a Paddy Evra who is strong and just as fast as Messi he doesnt look too good, remember 08 when Unitedvs Barca in CL semi. Where was Messi?
                I aint bashing on him i really like watching him, but people get just a tad too overrating him sometimes

Comment

Anyone who thinks Giggs is not in the same league as Robben needs their head testing, cos they know **** all. He's been consistently at the top since the late 80's, is the premier leagues most decorated player. Robben would be lucky to achieve half of what Giggs has in his career

Brazil's Dunga dazzled by Giggs
                  Ryan Giggs fires a free-kick at Brazil's goal
                  Ryan Giggs showed his world-class pedigree against Brazil
                  Brazil coach Dunga has given Ryan Giggs the ultimate praise by saying the Welsh winger would grace the Brazilian shirt.

Giggs showed his class in a 45-minute cameo in Tuesday's 2-0 friendly defeat to Brazil at White Hart Lane.

And Dunga said: "Any manager in the world would like a player like Giggs in their side, and I am no different.

"But frankly I wouldn't know where to play him, we have so many good players. If he was Brazilian, it would give me far too many problems."
                  Mourinho: Ryan Giggs The Best Ever EPL Player
                  Just when you thought he was becoming as predictable as his football teams, Jose Mourinho declares his undying love for all things Ryan Giggs.
                  Mar 1, 2009 2:53:11 AM
                  3Share
                  Buzz It
                  Ryan Giggs - Manchester United (PA)
                  Photo Gallery
                  Zoom
                  Ryan Giggs - Manchester United (PA)

Inter manager Jose Mourinho has taken time out to pay tribute to Ryan Giggs who he believes is the greatest player ever to grace the Premier League.

Since breaking into the Manchester United first team as a 17-year-old, Giggs has gone on to win ten Premier League titles and two Champions League titles and also holds the club’s appearance record, having surpassed Sir Bobby Charlton’s landmark last season.

“What can you say about a man who has won ten Premier League titles? The proof is in his medals," Mourinho told the Sunday Mirror.

“Yes, maybe we are talking about the greatest Premier League player of all time.

“At the very least no player has contributed so much to a single Premier League club as Ryan Giggs has to Manchester United.”

Of course Mourinho knows Giggs well after spending three years in the Premier League with Chelsea and the two also came face-to-face in the Champions League in midweek.

The Welshman has been partially reinvented as a central midfielder this season, to save his ageing legs, and Mourinho lauded this decision.

“He has found new life in central midfield this season, and I think that has been very important for United’s season,” explained the Inter boss.

“At 35, he is going to have lost some of his pace, of course - but Sir Alex has been very clever playing him in a new position and like we have seen in the past with players like Zola, Bergkamp and Zidane - quality shines through beyond age.”

Mourinho will come up against Giggs in the second leg of their Champions League tie at Old Trafford on Wednesday evening and he tipped the veteran to outshine his younger team-mates in United's bid for more silverware.

“They have their young, wonderful players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney,” said Mourinho.

“But who knows, maybe it will be Giggs who makes the difference for them in the Premier and Europe this season.”

Gill Clark, Goal.com

Giggs consistently struck fear into defenses of top european clubs, you should try asking some of the top defenders giggs played against in his prime how they rate him.

Comment

Working...
                  X