Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch, Kessler, Johnson, Abraham - which fighters beat weight-drained 168 Dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1270 View Post
    Controversial here, but I think Dirrell would be too fast for Dawson who at 168 has slightly slower reflexes from making weight, could see a UD there.

Froch I could see applying the pressure and possibly forcing a close controversial UD. Dawson would land good straight lefts but Froch would just keep coming and maybe grind the victory. Depends on Dawsons pop at 168 as Froch is easier to hit than Ward.

Dawson would beat Abraham by decision provided he boxed him, but with Dawson's legs and chin a little shaky at 168 if AA catches him there could be a stoppage.

Dawson and Kessler would be a close one, still think Dawson has the speed and slickness over Kessler at 168 but again its how his legs would hold up to Kesslers bombs, otherwise could see a decision over this version of Kessler. Both styles would be difficult to one another.

Dawson beats everybody else by decision. Johnson, Green and Bute in my opinion are all tight at 168 like Dawson. Current Bute/Dawson would be a southpaw chess match, both weary of their stamina/chins, but I see Dawson's speed edging a close decision, although Bute's body punching could wear down Dawson late in the fight. Bute would have an edge in power but it'd be interesting to see whether their stances created the angles to capitalise on any chances one another gave.
    Sorry, but even at 175 Kessler smacks Dawson around. So does Froch.
    Dawson just ain't that good.

Comment

Ward makes almost every fighter look easy to beat thats means nothing.

Comment

This TS must have no life outside crying about Dawson supposedly being drained. FFS,get over it. Ward wrecks him in any given situation. Now, regarding that list, I think very few guys beat Dawson,drained or not. Definitely not Froch or Abraham, even though I like them.

Comment

I'd say Froch and Kessler for sure. The only other close possibility is Andre Dirrell, but he's been out of action lately and if he had to go into the fight tomorrow to fight Dawson, I think he would lose.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
            Same thing, the are biased

The only one that knows if the weight affected Dawson is Dawson.
            I have boxed at middelweight, lightheavy and cruiser, and I am it sure as hell the only one that knows have my body feels at the different weights.
            Everything suggests he had big difficulties coming down to a weight where he hadn't fought for 6+ years. We are talking about a guy who weighs 190 in the ring after weighing in at 175. This guy has to drop 7 lbs of muscle. Not easy and everything points towards it being extremely difficult.

Comment

Working...
            X