No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander-Brook Clash is Likely Heading To Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander-Brook Clash is Likely Heading To Las Vegas

Sheffield's Kell Brook is set to challenge American Devon Alexander for the IBF welterweight title on January 19.

Brook's promoter Eddie Hearn had been hoping to bring the fight to England but Alexander's team - he is promoted by Golden Boy - have insisted on a home bout for their man, with Las Vegas the likely venue.

Brook, who is unbeaten in 29 fights, became the mandatory challenger when he defeated Argentinian Hector Saldivia in Sheffield on 20 October.

Alexander, 25, will be making his first defence of the title after beating fellow American Randall Bailey on points in New York on the same night.

Hearn told ESPN.com: "We made a number of significant offers, well in excess of seven figures, to try and bring the fight to the UK, but Devon had no interest in traveling.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'll watch. I just hope Devon doesn't stink up the fight...

Comment

Oh the arrogance. Let's see what happens come fight night. They are talking as if Devon is some kind of HUGE star - but he's stinking the place out every time and can't even fill out an arena. Kell is a way bigger draw in the UK than Devon is in the states. I'll watch with pleasure when both Cunningham and Devon eat their words on Jan 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
        Oh the arrogance. Let's see what happens come fight night. They are talking as if Devon is some kind of HUGE star - but he's stinking the place out every time and can't even fill out an arena. Kell is a way bigger draw in the UK than Devon is in the states. I'll watch with pleasure when both Cunningham and Devon eat their words on Jan 19th.
        Same here.

Comment

LOL I love Cunningham and Alexander talk as though they're P4P # 1.

Alexander is a pretender. I'm not totally sold on Kell just yet but I'd love to see him beat Devon.

Kell will probably bring more fans than Devon will.. Nothing beats a passionate British crowd.

Comment

Hopefully Kell wins & then goe's on to spark out Malignaggi @ MSG or Italy!

Comment

Good, the champion shouldn't have to travel overseas to fight in the challenger's hometown.

I like Kell Brook but if he wants the title then let him come over here and take it from Alexander.

Comment

Not sold on Brook at all, this fight will be telling.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Good, the champion shouldn't have to travel overseas to fight in the challenger's hometown.

I like Kell Brook but if he wants the title then let him come over here and take it from Alexander.
                  Isn't that what a true champion does though? Go all over the world to defend the belts - Ali, Tyson, Lewis all did that. Hence why they are the greatest. Also, you should go where the money is. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                    Isn't that what a true champion does though? Go all over the world to defend the belts - Ali, Tyson, Lewis all did that. Hence why they are the greatest. Also, you should go where the money is. Period.
                    No one here in the US likes Devon anyway. He gets boo'd here just as much as he would over in the UK. But at least in the UK there will be butts in seats.

Comment

Working...
                    X